Tow Straps / Tree Strops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Straps / Tree Strops

About twenty to thirty tow straps available. 5 mtr long x 14 ton break in a straight pull, 28ton if doubled as a bridle or tree strop. They are made from 60mm wide webbing so take up no space when coiled up.
    All are pre-used and are in fact ex lifting slings so made to critical specifications using certified webbing and thread, all have reinforced eyes.
    They are in very good condition and most are very clean (not greasy, just storeage locker dirt), it's just that the current lifting standards are very, very high and theoretically a sling should now fail with just a 1mm cut in an edge
    These make perfect tow straps and by offering them for swap it means anyone can have the opportunity to have one (or more) if they want one.
    Swap for anything interesting, I'm in to woodwork, photography (digital), air rifles (preferably classic / old needing work) and I've got a Surf.
    List price of these new is only about £28 / £30 each anyway so make an offer to swap.
    Rod

Originally posted by rodp View Post
    About twenty to thirty tow straps available. 5 mtr long x 14 ton break in a straight pull, 28ton if doubled as a bridle or tree strop. They are made from 60mm wide webbing so take up no space when coiled up.
    All are pre-used and are in fact ex lifting slings so made to critical specifications using certified webbing and thread, all have reinforced eyes.
    They are in very good condition and most are very clean (not greasy, just storeage locker dirt), it's just that the current lifting standards are very, very high and theoretically a sling should now fail with just a 1mm cut in an edge
    These make perfect tow straps and by offering them for swap it means anyone can have the opportunity to have one (or more) if they want one.
    Swap for anything interesting, I'm in to woodwork, photography (digital), air rifles (preferably classic / old needing work) and I've got a Surf.
    List price of these new is only about £28 / £30 each anyway so make an offer to swap.
    Rod
    Would really like one of those mate.

I have a brand new solid flambeau gun case in black "fully padded inside" for swaps.
    Bought it for my new rimfire but it won't fit due to a huge moderator.
    Last edited by si tate; 19 February 2009, 22:01.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

It'll do me, PM sent.

Comment

It'll do me, PM sent.
        Systems slow, not received as yet.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Has it arrived ?

Comment

i bin loads of similar strops at work tbh,health and sfety as you say,but for me i'd be to worried about passing them on and one snapping on sumone,my 2 pennies worth

Comment

For off road recovery 5m is a bit short mate. You need the recovery truck out the shite your stuck in I would go for 8m minimum.

This 10m one would do you 5 ton break
              This guy will also make you any length and strength you require.

here
              Last edited by yoshie; 19 February 2009, 22:25.
              Brian

Comment

buy from anyone except damar webbing products is my advice. I'm sure anyone who works with or knows about lifting slings and strops and spends five minutes reading some of his listings will give the same advice.

The one in the link for example: basically being passed off as a 5 tonne SWL simplex sling, i ain't quite worked out what it is, but it ain't that. A 5 tonne simplex that's upto current regs would be that same colour but about 5" wide. A 2" wide simplex slings got a SWL of around 1 tonne and should be purple in colour.

The only normal exception is that theatre/film crews and stage riggers have all their slings regardless of strength made up in black or white rather than the normal colours to make them less visible when used above or around the stage.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  For off road recovery 5m is a bit short mate. You need the recovery truck out the shite your stuck in I would go for 8m minimum.

This 10m one would do you 5 ton break
                  This guy will also make you any length and strength you require.

here
                  Massive difference in the webbing quality mate, that's lashing webbing, 5 ton break only (and I'll bet it wont reach that on a tensile, bet it's Chinese). These are 14 ton break, that's nearly three times those others, plus they'll only have a 5 ton sew.
                  You really can't compare slings with lashing webbing, it's worlds apart in terms of quality (and price). If they're not long enough just join two together. The idea of putting them in the swap section was so anyone could have one or two without paying the earth. I'm not going to bin them and I 'm not going to give them away for nothing but on the other hand I'm not going to rip anyone off, swaps are fair, everyone wins.

BDT, I see where you are coming from mate but these are so over the top it's unlikely you would break one without ripping something off the motor first. A 4 ton winch aint gonna touch one even with snatch block on and a tow certainly wont damage one. Thanks for the concern anyway.
                  Rod

Comment

Massive difference in the webbing quality mate, that's lashing webbing, 5 ton break only (and I'll bet it wont reach that on a tensile, bet it's Chinese). These are 14 ton break, that's nearly three times those others, plus they'll only have a 5 ton sew.
                    You really can't compare slings with lashing webbing, it's worlds apart in terms of quality (and price). If they're not long enough just join two together. The idea of putting them in the swap section was so anyone could have one or two without paying the earth. I'm not going to bin them and I 'm not going to give them away for nothing but on the other hand I'm not going to rip anyone off, swaps are fair, everyone wins.

BDT, I see where you are coming from mate but these are so over the top it's unlikely you would break one without ripping something off the motor first. A 4 ton winch aint gonna touch one even with snatch block on and a tow certainly wont damage one. Thanks for the concern anyway.
                    Rod
                    no worries and yr prob right mate,just wanted to say
                    ive got a lovely one at work atm,taken off one of our heavy wreckers 10m long and 72cm wide,rated to 40t

Comment

A 2" wide simplex slings got a SWL of around 1 tonne and should be purple in colour.
                      OK, lets get it straight. A 1oookg simplex sling will be 60mm violet webbing (one layer) with a safety ratio of 7 to 1, IE 7000kg break. it has to be made to certain regulations (such as how close the sew can be to the edge etc), it has to be certified by a competent person (me) It has to be part of a batch that is tested every so often or if any change in manufacture materials or process, and so it goes on and on and on.

Those in the link ARE strap / lashing webbing, different loas rating (5T break max) and much, much cheaper webbing, different sew etc.

These for swap come from a blue chip company that adheres strictly to the letter of the law, I actually am instructed by them to find reason to fail them during test.
                      Some may have the odd scuff or nick but I would stand under one with ten tons on it

Comment

OK, lets get it straight. A 1oookg simplex sling will be 60mm violet webbing (one layer) with a safety ratio of 7 to 1, IE 7000kg break. it has to be made to certain regulations (such as how close the sew can be to the edge etc), it has to be certified by a competent person (me) It has to be part of a batch that is tested every so often or if any change in manufacture materials or process, and so it goes on and on and on.

Those in the link ARE strap / lashing webbing, different loas rating (5T break max) and much, much cheaper webbing, different sew etc.

These for swap come from a blue chip company that adheres strictly to the letter of the law, I actually am instructed by them to find reason to fail them during test.
                        Some may have the odd scuff or nick but I would stand under one with ten tons on it
                        im with u on this i do the same job at our place,the straps u have arent cheap,i know i order ours,i wouldnt trust a cheapo ebay one,infact unless it has it blue tags we cant even use them at work

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          no worries and yr prob right mate,just wanted to say
                          ive got a lovely one at work atm,taken off one of our heavy wreckers 10m long and 72cm wide,rated to 40t

Believe me, they're a bitch to make, all that webbing has to go through a sewing machine

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                            buy from anyone except damar webbing products is my advice. I'm sure anyone who works with or knows about lifting slings and strops and spends five minutes reading some of his listings will give the same advice.

The one in the link for example: basically being passed off as a 5 tonne SWL simplex sling, i ain't quite worked out what it is, but it ain't that. A 5 tonne simplex that's upto current regs would be that same colour but about 5" wide. A 2" wide simplex slings got a SWL of around 1 tonne and should be purple in colour.

The only normal exception is that theatre/film crews and stage riggers have all their slings regardless of strength made up in black or white rather than the normal colours to make them less visible when used above or around the stage.
                            Are you saying he's selling 1tonne straps as 5 tonne straps? Surely that's a serious criminal offence and you should be taking your evidence to the authorities?
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              im with u on this i do the same job at our place,the straps u have arent cheap,i know i order ours,i wouldnt trust a cheapo ebay one,infact unless it has it blue tags we cant even use them at work
                              The Damar ones have blue tags.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X