4x4 Direct, Kilmarnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 Direct, Kilmarnock

Somehow I posted this in the Sticky instead but here it is again...

Just thought I'd let people know to be wary of this place.
    I bought a surf from them in June. Two days later we noticed the suspension was very shaky at the rear, it would actually shake when touched. We saw that all the (red poly) bushes were worn, and so took it for an MOT where it FAILED
    We took it back to them saying this car is not roadworthy, They said the bushes were fine when they MOT'd it, and they must have got worn in the two days I had driven it (yeah, right!) Then they said that it was cos the car had been sitting for three months waiting to get shipped over, and so the bushes must have gotten hard so when I drove it, they cracked!
    They took the car and put new (black rubber) bushes on them. They said the red ones weren't the right ones for the car (so why did they sell the car like that then?)

Now four months later, I was washing under the wheel arch and noticed the top driver's bush was split right down the middle Oh, and it was a red poly bush, not the black rubber ones on the bottom of the sus, so they hadn't bothered changing the top ones!!!
    My fiancée and my mechanic friend took the car back down to them to find out why the old red ones were still on it.
    They said all the bushes WERE replaced, that the car is still driveable and the bushes are still present (but only just, I have a pic of them).
    Then they changed their story to "The bushes were replaced with second hand ones"
    When quite clearly you can see that they were the original (red) bushes to start with.
    My friend said the garage mechanic knew they never replaced them but couldn't say anything to me, as they'd be caught out lying, which I've done anyway!!

I got them replaced eventually, but I won’t be taking my car to them again, cos I dread to think what they’ll be like in a service!

Thanks for listening!
    [COLOR=Red][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]MMMMMmmmmm 4x4[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

alright mate?

If you remember I pm,ed you about the stainless exhaust.

That where i got my surf from, that was 18 months ago now.

I took it back for a service after 6 months (part of the deal) some knob in the garage put to much oil in it. I got 8 or 9 mile down the road and the smoke was beltching out.

Phoned him, he came with machanic, they drained about 6 litres out of it.

They told me machanic had filled it with oil then the boy came along and filled it again.

p.s, getting away from the subject, i am seeing more and more surfs now, what do you say to some sort of scotish meet and off road day or something.

Cheers mate you can let me know

Comment

4x4 direct

I also bought a surf from this lot !!!!! it had lots of faults over a space of a few months took it back lots of times they did not fix it!!!!! I done it myself.

Anyway I am trying to sort out a off road day at Newton Hill north east fife
      if you fancy it

Cheers maac

Comment

Working...
      X