Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Dealer feedback please !!!!!!

I'm still searching .....

Does anybody have further comments on these ones ....

Japs R Us, Poole

CCB, Surrey (Heard they're double dear !)

Walton Motors, Surrey (Thanks S2-Wolf !)

Automarques (Southampton area - Thanks A1Gun)

Hollybrook, Southampton

Autosales, Hook

Ta !

Bob
    Last edited by Predictable Bob; 11 June 2004, 09:30.
    Life is too important to take seriously !

Walton motors - dont even think about it!

I woudnt go anywhere near Walton Motors!
    I bought my Surf from them and they have caused me no end of trouble.
    Its a long story but basically I bought the Surf, ran it around for four weeks and the engine blew up. They argued the toss, saying thay I would have to pay for a new engine as the warranty only covers the first £300 of any work!!
    Eventually got them to fit the reconditioned engine without coughing up but it took them seven months to do!
    Now the Aircon is dead but I am going to get the work done myself.

I dont know if other people have had dealings with them but my advice is to find somewhere else to buy a Surf

Rant over

Bruce
    [b]Ask a stupid question, someone else is thinking

Comment

Stay away form what used to be called carsense in southampton. They are called something else but are still based in Princes Street, Northam. They are RUBBISH at diagnosing faults and fob you of with any excuse.
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Windisor in Chertsey, surrey isn't bad. we got ours from there and the warranty held up for rad top repairs and their local (Chertsey) mechanic knows his surfs. I paid £8000 for a '94 M 3.0ltr auto ssr-x 54,000miles, 18months ago. Not cheapest maybe but had no major probs (touching wood.....of the tree kind!!!)
        Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

I've just bought my 2.4TD Surf SSRX from Windisor Classics and would certainly recommend them. So far no problems.

They're a very professional outfit (family run business) and their prices I found are on par with most other dealers.
          However, I think of the cars on the market, theirs are the better ones.

I had a look at other garages that had them for the same price and they were NO WHERE NEAR as good as the ones from Windisor.

Don't go anywhere near Walton Motors. They look like they've been bought at auction and that they were the last ones left (but sold at the same price as everyone else).

Time will tell, but up till now they have been excellent and have been very good for after sales service. (No problems, but they supply a English copy of the handbook free and as they didn't have one at the time of purchase I keep ringing them up to see if it's arrived; and they haven't treated me like I've been a pain in the butt)
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

Originally posted by cockybundoo
            I've just bought my 2.4TD Surf SSRX from Windisor Classics and would certainly recommend them. So far no problems.

They're a very professional outfit (family run business) and their prices I found are on par with most other dealers.
            However, I think of the cars on the market, theirs are the better ones.

I had a look at other garages that had them for the same price and they were NO WHERE NEAR as good as the ones from Windisor.

Don't go anywhere near Walton Motors. They look like they've been bought at auction and that they were the last ones left (but sold at the same price as everyone else).

Time will tell, but up till now they have been excellent and have been very good for after sales service. (No problems, but they supply a English copy of the handbook free and as they didn't have one at the time of purchase I keep ringing them up to see if it's arrived; and they haven't treated me like I've been a pain in the butt)
            Dont trust Walton Motors they are unhelpfull and the motors they sell are not all that at all!!!! Only saving grace i had was that i part exchanged a Jeep that wasnt as good as they thought it was...

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
              I'm still searching .....

Does anybody have further comments on these ones ....

Japs R Us, Poole

CCB, Surrey (Heard they're double dear !)

Walton Motors, Surrey (Thanks S2-Wolf !)

Automarques (Southampton area - Thanks A1Gun)

Hollybrook, Southampton

Autosales, Hook

Ta !

Bob
              Dont bother with Walton Motors, Surrey! their people skills are just as bad as the motors they sell!! The only saving grace i had was the not as good as they thought it was Jeep i px...

Comment

Got my motor from CCBs, paid a bit over the odds for it - but it only had 20K on the clock and a manual gearbox (rather rare) - but they did provide a good service and even managed to give (free!!) the proper roof rack bars.

Given em a look, if nothing else they do apear to know what they are talking about - you never know, might even be able to hagle them down to a proper price.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
                  Got my motor from CCBs, paid a bit over the odds for it - but it only had 20K on the clock and a manual gearbox (rather rare) - but they did provide a good service and even managed to give (free!!) the proper roof rack bars.

Given em a look, if nothing else they do apear to know what they are talking about - you never know, might even be able to hagle them down to a proper price.
                  I looked at them when I was buying, nice cars well prepped but you pay for it. They didn't have the right one for me though. The sell a lot of Pajs and when I had one they had a glowing reputation on the Paj Forum for whatever that is worth.
                  Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by Mart
                    Windisor in Chertsey, surrey isn't bad. we got ours from there and the warranty held up for rad top repairs and their local (Chertsey) mechanic knows his surfs. I paid £8000 for a '94 M 3.0ltr auto ssr-x 54,000miles, 18months ago. Not cheapest maybe but had no major probs (touching wood.....of the tree kind!!!)
                    sorry but i could suply 2 for that price and stil warant them for 3months
                    Last edited by mrsurf; 26 August 2006, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
                      Maybe now, but that post is 2 years old so that makes it nearly 4 years ago that he paid 8k for his car!!!
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
                        take into account thats over two years ago!!
                        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Also some Stealers are still selling at ridiculous prices today.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                            what makes you think that they have changed ther prices now??? from what a lot of my customers tel me thers stil a loads of dealers wanting near the same amount one i know nr a big airport down south i wont say who `sold a L reg manuel for over 6and a half grand i sold the identical truck for 3800 and i know its the same up scotland not just the fact that ther ar some cheaper ones around they tend to be realy s$$$$py looking things for the same price that i sell minters for thats my point `my proof is in my ads on flee bay

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                              point taken

Comment

Working...
                              X