Listers Toyota Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listers Toyota Boston

Took the surf in for the steering recall OCT 2008 ...Initially great service from Toyota Europe after I e-mailed them with details of the truck, they replied within 24hrs and kept me updated....I nominated my nearest dealeship (Boston Lincs) ...who never bothered to contact me..a month went by (which is the timescales the letter I received from Toyota GB stated, and so I rung the Dealership..they didn't have a clue..."what recall?" was the first response I got...eventually..and in fairness they did ring me back...arranged the date for work to be done, got the yaris coutesy car, and I left it with them...BIG MISTAKE!
    They delivered the Truck back to me, great as it saved me another 40 mile round trip..unfortunately..when I got it back it was covered in black rubber streaks and looked as though they had washed it with a brillo pad!..."it must have been something on his leather" was the reply I got..also the steering wheel when driving straight is virtually upside down and they never bother to check caster or camber angles and said "it didnt need it as they did not replace parts that would affect this!)... after I sent an e-mail to Brussels telling them not to pay toyota GB the service manager turned up with the £10 fuel money they were supposed to give me "BUT FORGOT!" and a pen!
    draw your own conclusions...!!!
    In addition they carried out the usual visual safety report (great, always useful to have)..however...
    Quote for a new outer CV boot £295.75
    Quote for rear droplink bushes and ARB bushes £350.82
    (got this in writing if anyone wants proof!)
    Robbing B****S!..Quoted £90 for the boot fitted by local garage (and that's dear in my opinion!)
    Bought the bush kit from Milners £12.50 and fitted myself (and I am disabled!)
    I received a phone call a few months later from Toyota GB to say they had investigated my complaint and the marks on the vehicle were "age related"... Yeh right!...just my experience..but I won't be going there again in a hurry!
    Last edited by Hawkan; 17 January 2009, 19:45.

wow
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkan View Post
      Took the surf in for the steering recall OCT 2008 ...Initially great service from Toyota Europe after I e-mailed them with details of the truck, they replied within 24hrs and kept me updated....I nominated my nearest dealeship (Boston Lincs) ...who never bothered to contact me..a month went by (which is the timescales the letter I received from Toyota GB stated, and so I rung the Dealership..they didn't have a clue..."what recall?" was the first response I got...eventually..and in fairness they did ring me back...arranged the date for work to be done, got the yaris coutesy car, and I left it with them...BIG MISTAKE!
      They delivered the Truck back to me, great as it saved me another 40 mile round trip..unfortunately..when I got it back it was covered in black rubber streaks and looked as though they had washed it with a brillo pad!..."it must have been something on his leather" was the reply I got..also the steering wheel when driving straight is virtually upside down and they never bother to check caster or camber angles and said "it didnt need it as they did not replace parts that would affect this!)... after I sent an e-mail to Brussels telling them not to pay toyota GB the service manager turned up with the £10 fuel money they were supposed to give me "BUT FORGOT!" and a pen!
      draw your own conclusions...!!!
      In addition they carried out the usual visual safety report (great, always useful to have)..however...
      Quote for a new outer CV boot £295.75
      Quote for rear droplink bushes and ARB bushes £350.82
      (got this in writing if anyone wants proof!)
      Robbing B****S!..Quoted £90 for the boot fitted by local garage (and that's dear in my opinion!)
      Bought the bush kit from Milners £12.50 and fitted myself (and I am disabled!)
      I received a phone call a few months later from Toyota GB to say they had investigated my complaint and the marks on the vehicle were "age related"... Yeh right!...just my experience..but I won't be going there again in a hurry!
      and you let it rest there??
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Working...
      X