Probably an ex range rover owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably an ex range rover owner

OK so I won't be immediately popular cos I currently own an old classic range rover with a dicky gearbox.

I've fancied a Surf for ages and I have a few quid to spend care of a recent improvement in my normally fragile accounts. So I'm looking for some wisdom from the Surf Sages.

Which model to buy which model to stay clear off, MPG, where to buy in the London/ Surrey area and any other gems you have no doubt learned the hard way.

I won't insult you by offering wit and wisdom on range rovers but they aint cheap to own but when they are good they are great. Still you only live once so I'm moving on.

I can muster about £7 K so I reckon I should get something decent that will last a couple of years.

if I buy an import what are the pitfalls.

All offerings appreciated

Cheers

Originally posted by Looneykeycode
    OK so I won't be immediately popular cos I currently own an old classic range rover with a dicky gearbox.

I've fancied a Surf for ages and I have a few quid to spend care of a recent improvement in my normally fragile accounts. So I'm looking for some wisdom from the Surf Sages.

Which model to buy which model to stay clear off, MPG, where to buy in the London/ Surrey area and any other gems you have no doubt learned the hard way.

I won't insult you by offering wit and wisdom on range rovers but they aint cheap to own but when they are good they are great. Still you only live once so I'm moving on.

I can muster about £7 K so I reckon I should get something decent that will last a couple of years.

if I buy an import what are the pitfalls.

All offerings appreciated

Cheers
    7K should get you a nice 2nd gen 3.0td surf. have a look at surfs for sale. 25-30mpg its weighs in at nearly 2 tonne with aerodynamics of a box. but its a truck & brilliant offroad parts are eay to obtain theyre also cheap to service & insurance isnt a problem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
    X