Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDKL Motors

does anyone here know these guys? http://www.mdklmotors.co.uk/Home.do
    They're based over in Barking in Essex. Bloke I work with is looking for an engine for his Mitusbishi Strada and wants to know if these guys are ligit, before parting with his cash.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
    does anyone here know these guys? http://www.mdklmotors.co.uk/Home.do
    They're based over in Barking in Essex. Bloke I work with is looking for an engine for his Mitusbishi Strada and wants to know if these guys are ligit, before parting with his cash.
    hello mate,

a friend of mine bought a recon surf 2lte engine from MDKL, running sweet. They do really good engines. Ask for a guy called Karl, he offers discounts for club members aswell i think.

Comment

Hi, can you tell me more information from Karl?? where is his shop or his warehose, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rubenyayu View Post
        Hi, can you tell me more information from Karl?? where is his shop or his warehose, thanks
        hey dude, their based on atcost road in barking, essex

Comment

Hi everybody and sorry for my english. I'm Ruben from Mallorca - Spain, in january I by a engine to Mdkl Motors, he send me a engine that I dont know where he get becouse in the web he say all its testing and near to new, but my motor was... and they have wrong information on the web of my engine. they have the 4D56 from 91 to 99, thats its my engine, but they send you one 10 years older.

Then I send back to him, and now one month ago, I dont have answer from them. They dont answer the emails, and dont give me back something of money.

I have a demand in the european police and the european customer office. I hope to get something.

Sorry but MDKL Motors are not a profesional.

by

Comment

To be honest, I don't believe a word of their website.

Would they really strip the motor, check the main bearings, big end bearings (why would you not just put new bearing in while its apart??), take the head off, pressure test it (remember it needs new gasket and bolts on reassembly.) and supply the actual engine for £800? You might get the steam clean though!

I would avoid, MDKL motors 'no longer regestered with ebay', shop operated by Motor_seller, 'no longer regestered with Ebay'.

Quite a bit of neg feedback, Negative.... lots of withdrawn feedback Withdrawn...

The last motor I brought from a used engine dealer (not these peopleto be fair), we fitted the motor and it knocked like hell, took the head of and it was cracked!! This was 'fully checked, 30,000 mile direct from Japan" warrentied motor.

The replacement engine they sent "we've just had it running for the last 3 hours mate, garrentied 30,000 miles again" had been sitting sideways on its pallet for so long when we took the water pump off the it had a rusty tide mark on the block behind the pump, but did run OK, just don't like the B/S and being taken for an idiot.

They also didn't cover the extra labour in taking out the first engine and fitting the second.

Not impressed, I think these companys just buy motors cheap from Japland, send it out, if it works then you're happy, if it dosn't they just send you another.

I'd rather just buy a used motor privately, or get a recon.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well, my work mate has had his Strada engine for about 4 1/2 months all going well so far.
              There maybe some dodgy procuring process to some of these companies though. My other work colleague lived in dubia, he said over there's a good trade in cars stolen to order then being taken into the desert and stripped for bits and sold on. Not saying that MDKL do this, but some do.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

And now, if you see the ebay web, the company dont exist. I think that I lost my money.

I will have to go to london and make fire in his warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  To be honest, I don't believe a word of their website.

Could they will strip the motor, check the main bearings, big end bearings (why would you not just put new bearing in while its apart??), take the head off, pressure test it (remember it needs new gasket and bolts on reassembly.) and supply the actual engine for £800? You might get the steam clean though!

I would avoid, MDKL motors 'no longer regestered with ebay', shop operated by Motor_seller, 'no longer regestered with Ebay'.

Quite a bit of neg feedback, Negative.... lots of withdrawn feedback Withdrawn...

The last motor I brought from a used engine dealer (not these peopleto be fair), we fitted the motor and it knocked like hell, took the head of and it was cracked!! This was 'fully checked, 30,000 mile direct from Japan" warrentied motor.

The replacement engine they sent "we've just had it running for the last 3 hours mate, garrentied 30,000 miles again" had been sitting sideways on its pallet for so long when we took the water pump off the it had a rusty tide mark on the block behind the pump, but did run OK, just don't like the B/S and being taken for an idiot.

They also didn't cover the extra labour in taking out the first engine and fitting the second.

Not impressed, I think these companys just buy motors cheap from Japland, send it out, if it works then you're happy, if it dosn't they just send you another.

I'd rather just buy a used motor privately, or get a recon.
                  well personally i havnt had any problems with these guys, a couple of friends of mine now have engines from these guys and they were in very good nick and running very well. I guess at the end of the day you are buying a second hand engine so you cant expect it to be brand new.

Just my opinion guys.

Comment

MDKL con men

I got completely screwed by MDKL motors. I suggest you dont touch them with a bargepole. Sent a "checked engine" which had a cracked head and looked like it had been dragged out of a swamp. Needless to say I have not got any money back yet. This guy needs to be stoped really.

Comment

Hola Carlos, veo que tenemos problemas con este pollo, has podido contactar con ellos?? llevo un mes sin respuesta ni al e-mail ni por telefono. Yo creo que ha quebrado o era una empresa fantasma... bueno fantasma no por que me enviaron un motor, pero de profesionales nada.

si quieres que comentemos la situacion

rubenyayu@hotmail.com

Deu

Comment

Working...
                      X