Four Track Cars Ltd, Herts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Track Cars Ltd, Herts?

Has anyone had any dealings With Four Track Cars Ltd, Herts?

They sell a few Surfs so just wondered?

Kenny_Notts

Yep got my Surf from them, they were pretty good then.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Yep got my Surf from them, they were pretty good then.
      Hey Ya,

Could you expand a little please.

How long ago was it when you delt with them, what were they like to do business with, were they backstreet or professional types and so on.

Did you pay cash or did they take Credit Cards?

I only ask coz their www site gives sod all info on how they do business. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Kenny_Notts

Comment

About 3 1/2 years ago when I got my Surf. Seemed professional, paid by check and got a 3 month Warranty. The guy who runs it has been in the business a long time but now runs it from home (big home though - lots of space for his stock).

I certainly had no complaints about them.

Comment

fourtrak

Bought my SSR-g from him . The guy (Gary) is a bit of a tough cookie , wouldnt budge on price.
          Keeps all motors under polytunnels so cars are in good nick. Cars I saw and tried were the best around here. I went for a 2.4 and ended up with a 3.0 T.D.. I drove 3 of themso no problem there, He has the cars valeted there, and mine was spotless. He says he has them serviced before hand at a local garage ,the mechanic I know and he is good. Mechanic takes only cash.
          Fourtrack will take cards. Warranty is nothing to write home about.
          I would check vehicle with tooth comb cos he is not keen on after care.
          I didnt check thoroughly enough. The back exhaust box needed changing not long after I did it myself with the help of a couple of jacks.

the mechanic reckoned he had mentioned it to him. but......................
          I use the mechanic quite a bit . dunno what he charges by the hour he just does the job and tells me a price I pay cos he does good work and is cheaper than toyota.

He was only dealing with 4 and 4.5 imports then. He showed me the car at auction in japan on his laptop. I was a bit $$$$ed about the cost at auction and the price I paid. I reckon he made about £2000 profit.
          But I had looked at a lot of surfs around. and his were the best by a country mile. So try a few around drive a few. Where he lives you can give them a right hammer up and down the lanes.
          If you mention about heads going he said that he had not heard of many going!. I didn't want the risk so ewent for 3.0.
          The mchanic does do th oil , coolant etc but I did mine anyway for peace of mind.
          Yeah I did pay a bit over the odds. but ce la vie my name is martin tell him I bought a 3.0 off him in 2003 and is still going strong.
          If you is not bothered about showroom patter go for it and let us know how you get on.!!!!

Comment

fourtrak

P.S. you might get a good price cos I think he has not been shifting too many
            possibly cos of price.

Comment

Hello mate,

I bought my SSRG from him also.

Ok, the truck I bought from him was a fresh import and not even registered when I took it for a test drive. He used trade plates.

What I can say is that when I bought mine it was up for £6,500. I knocked £250 off the price. He had loads in when I went and i had a very good look at them all.

He said he had the cam belt changed and the truck serviced. As he deals from his house and seems dodgy I had the cam belt changed again. When the Toyota mechanic (who is self employed) took the old belt off it WAS a brand new belt and a genuine part one too. The oil had been changed in the engine but not in the trans and axles.

It had a leaking radiator which I mentioned to him, but wasn't fixed when I picked it up.

He registers them in his company name so all you do is fill out the V5 and send it off.

I've had the truck just over a year. When I got it I changed ALL the fluids and filters, and had the belt changed when it hit 100,000KMs. The radio is a 12 disc cd changer and radio. If the radios work he leaves them in, so they are still on Jap freq's. I haven't changed mine as of yet as you can still pick some stations up.

Since I've had it I've had to change the radiator (I only ever use genuine Toyota parts), two rear shocks (sport shocks, very expensive) and the starter motor contacts.

Although he seems dodgy he is ok. He leaves you alone when checking the trucks out, and you can ask him for the keys and start all the trucks up without him looking over your shoulder.

All in all I am very happy with the truck. I made him give me a six month warranty, but to be honest, you need to take the attitude that once you have bought it off him, don't bother going back to get little things sorted out, your better off doing it yourself. Aftercare is an after thought!!!!

My truck had 83,000KMs on the clock and this seems genuine. He did have one there with only 25,000Kms on the clock but wanted too much for it. My truck is like new inside and out, so he does do some decent ones.

Take your time and get a test drive in all the trucks you are interested in. He IS over priced so try and haggle. having said that all his 2nd gens are about £4,500 now and you can get a decent 3rd gen for the price I paid for mine. On the up side, you get a truck straight in from Japan. Make sure you give the trucks a very good going over.

Go up and have a good look. He has got some decent looking trucks in at the mo.
              Last edited by M35A2; 7 October 2006, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Notts
                Has anyone had any dealings With Four Track Cars Ltd, Herts?

They sell a few Surfs so just wondered?

Kenny_Notts
                Hi Kenny, Incase ya didn't catch earlier post/s, I bought my Truck with 101k from Gary at Fourtrack Cars just over 5 years ago now & no real problems (tailpipe & diesel leak) as yet & wiv 141k on the clock now .............
                Fingers & all else crossed now!!!!
                (if it went Bang tomorra, it don't owe me a thing)

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Just about to get one too

Hi Kenny,

I'm in the process of buying one from Gary (3.0 SSRG)

Seems like a decent bloke and came down a little on the price.

I'm still waiting for word that the registration has come through and have been waiting for nearly 2 weeks...anyone know how long it takes?

Cant wait to get my hands on it!

He has quite a few cars in stock and was willing to come down a bit on some of them...old stock he said.

I'll keep you posted

G
                  Fly Man
                  AKA the Bloody Butcher

Comment

When i got mine it took Gary about 4 weeks, didn't mind really as I wanted it sorted proper (meanwhile I couldn't contain me excitement)
                    Well worth the wait tho........
                    Hope this helps

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see or hear it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

wiating game

Thanks SurferJess,

But 4 weeks will be way to late,

He told me he could have it sorted in a couple of weeks!!

I'm getting concerned as I have a holiday coming up and I need the Surf.

Best I give him a call

Thanks again

G
                      Fly Man
                      AKA the Bloody Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Man
                        Thanks SurferJess,

But 4 weeks will be way to late,

He told me he could have it sorted in a couple of weeks!!

I'm getting concerned as I have a holiday coming up and I need the Surf.

Best I give him a call

Thanks again

G
                        Let us know how ya get on after ya call .....
                        Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Got an email this morning.

Picking it up tonight!!

Cant wait..it's doing my head in

So, judging by what he told me initially about when he put the application in, I reckon it took 2 weeks and that included a postal strike....not bad going.

Just need to get the roof rails sorted for my canoe and I'm off into the wilderness after some salmon and trout

Regards

Glen
                          Fly Man
                          AKA the Bloody Butcher

Comment

Good on ya, Glen, Safe journey Home Bud .....
                            ENJOY & the starts here & only gets better

There's always a Payback .... Ya look over ya Shoulder !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Man
                              after some salmon and trout

Regards

Glen
                              Why would you want sore feet?

Londoners will understand
                              Last edited by nishikigoi; 12 July 2007, 19:56.
                              Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

Comment

Working...
                              X