Surf Supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Supplier

FYI, I bought my surf from www.ibcjapan.co.jp if sign up with up them (for free) the will email you specials of many cars most include surfs, generaly 1995-97 td, some loaded, some not, they are in japan but have a lot of cars in Miami. and the prices are semi nego. They speak english, and have 1-800 line. When the sent me a weekly special it had 12 different surfs on the page. I got my 96 ssr-g w/ 60K klicks on it and like new condition. They are good people, they sell massive volume, and the cars are exactly how you see them. ( they Have Pictures). Just a heads up, I used them and the transaction was smooth and I had my surf in 1 month.
    SURFS UP

Recent inventory

Here are some surfs IBC sent me today.
    http://www.ibcjapan.co.jp/vehicles/c...%DA%9D%D7%A4vh

Check them Out

The prices dont show up on this page but if you contact them you can use the VIN #.
    Here they are in order(and in YEN)
    1. 1,140,000
    2. 960,000
    3. 1,330,000
    4. 1,010,000
    Last edited by Caymanman; 31 August 2005, 23:40.
    SURFS UP

Comment

Wanting a Surf

Hey Caymanman,

I appreciate the information. I am after a 3rd gen ssrg and have just registered with JBC. The process seems great and the prices are amazing but do you have to pay tax when the car enters the country and for the SVA test? In other words, what extra prices are you looking at as well as price of buying the car? Thanks in anticipation

Simon

Windsurfer

Comment

Import

Originally posted by windsurfer
        Hey Caymanman,

I appreciate the information. I am after a 3rd gen ssrg and have just registered with JBC. The process seems great and the prices are amazing but do you have to pay tax when the car enters the country and for the SVA test? In other words, what extra prices are you looking at as well as price of buying the car? Thanks in anticipation

Simon

Windsurfer
        Simon

Just finished importing a 3rd Gen from Japan...the long and short of it is...on top of the auction price you will have to pay:

1. Deregistration, FOB (fee on board) and possibly transportation charges to port of embarkation.
        2. Shipping from Japan or wherever to UK.
        3. VAT at 17.5% and Duty at 10% on the sum of the auction price plus above.
        4. Shipping agent fee and port handling fee.
        5. Transport fee from port to home address.
        6. SVA fee if less than 10 yrs old + bits required for SVA.
        7. MOT, registration fee, plates, road tax.

As a private importer, I reckon on doubling the price at auction by the time you get all this done...so a Y1,000,000 (~£5k) at auction car in theory may cost you up to £9-10k after everything has been done and on the road in the UK. But here's the crux. It depends on how much your agent submits the bill to HM customs for the value expended to date on arrival. This can make a BIG difference if you get my drift.
        ------------------------------------
        Look out! Ee

Comment

Cheers Scuddy

Cheers Scuddy,

It all sounds a bit complicated but I take it that you found it worthwhile? Who did you use as the agent? I really want to get an SSRG 3rd gen asap.

Cheers again

Simon

Comment

Prices

Simon

Used a company called Autoadvan, see website japaneseauctions.co.uk
            Log on and check out auctions for Hilux_surf, choose year 1996-1997.
            You should easily get a 3L KZN185 '96 SSRG auto with less than 100k on the clock for under Y800,000. More for a manual. Depends on the colour...pearl less popular, black very popular.
            Go for auction grade 4 or above or you'll have a fair few bumps and knocks to straighten out when it arrives. If you want to go ahead and import, drop me a line and I'll pass on my experience.
            By the way the prices quoted for that other company are way over the top. They almost give V6 3.4 litres and 2.7 petrols away at auction. You'll pay no more than Y600,000 for a '96 V6 auto in decent condition with low miles

Scuddy
            ------------------------------------
            Look out! Ee

Comment

Working...
            X