Neil Davis, St Helens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Davis, St Helens

Sorry, this is a negative feedback based on my own experience, and therefore my own opinion. There may be others out there who are very happy with this garage.....

A 'professional' body shop. Not for me.

Took it there the first time. There was already a half finished Surf in blue there. He was supposed to have it for a week to fix a roof repair, repaint it, and touch up a little area around the boot lock. The Saturday came for collection, place closed, no answer on the phones. Got in touch the following week and he'd been 'ill' so it would be ready the following week. Pain in the backside to be without a car for two weeks but fair enough as we all get ill. Following Saturday picked it up again. Shambles. Paint not matched, original fault still visible, laquer peeling off, paint chipped, interior covered in dust. I refused to pay and said he could do it again.

A couple of weeks later, dropped it off again for a week. Blue surf still there untouched. Collection time came, it was dark, I refused to pay him until I'd seen it in the light. Next morning what do I see, poor paint finish, especially with dimples all over. Refused to pay again. Once last chance.....

Dropped it off 02/04/05, for collection the following Saturday. Saturday came, garage shut. No answer on his work number or personal mobile. After a few attempts his mobile was then switched off. Left a couple of very irate messages as I now believe he's taking the mickey. Gets in touch on Monday, he's not even started it as he's been 'ill' again. Take the keys off him and refuse to pay anything.

Now, I'm not saying he hasn't been ill, but a simple job took him over a month in total and the quality is very poor. I'm going to take some digital pictures to prove it (mismatched colours, scratches underneath the laquer, laquer peeling off). It takes nothing to return calls or even let me know he's delayed. The worse thing is that he came highly recommended from my friend who is a friend of his brother.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to AVOID this garage like the plague.
    Last edited by phorbiuz; 12 April 2005, 10:44.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Originally posted by phorbiuz
    Sorry, this is a negative feedback based on my own experience, and therefore my own opinion. There may be others out there who are very happy with this garage.....

A 'professional' body shop. Not for me.

Took it there the first time. There was already a half finished Surf in blue there. He was supposed to have it for a week to fix a roof repair, repaint it, and touch up a little area around the boot lock. The Saturday came for collection, place closed, no answer on the phones. Got in touch the following week and he'd been 'ill' so it would be ready the following week. Pain in the backside to be without a car for two weeks but fair enough as we all get ill. Following Saturday picked it up again. Shambles. Paint not matched, original fault still visible, laquer peeling off, paint chipped, interior covered in dust. I refused to pay and said he could do it again.

A couple of weeks later, dropped it off again for a week. Blue surf still there untouched. Collection time came, it was dark, I refused to pay him until I'd seen it in the light. Next morning what do I see, poor paint finish, especially with dimples all over. Refused to pay again. Once last chance.....

Dropped it off 02/04/05, for collection the following Saturday. Saturday came, garage shut. No answer on his work number or personal mobile. After a few attempts his mobile was then switched off. Left a couple of very irate messages as I now believe he's taking the mickey. Gets in touch on Monday, he's not even started it as he's been 'ill' again. Take the keys off him and refuse to pay anything.

Now, I'm not saying he hasn't been ill, but a simple job took him over a month in total and the quality is very poor. I'm going to take some digital pictures to prove it (mismatched colours, scratches underneath the laquer, laquer peeling off). It takes nothing to return calls or even let me know he's delayed. The worse thing is that he came highly recommended from my friend who is a friend of his brother.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to AVOID this garage like the plague.
    Its good to get positive feedback but its even better to find out who not to trust!!!! By the way since your local! I would recommend RYE motors up in Bryn Ind. Est. (near Three sisters) for servicing et al. They charged me £136 for a GEN 2 and that included a coolant flush and change. It was ready when they said it would be. Had a good look at my Surf and recommended new brakes (which I already knew) and a few other issues for future ref. All in all very professional!

Comment

Working...
    X