yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had probs with Roughtrax Rod ends ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had probs with Roughtrax Rod ends ?

Just fitted my new drivers side inner and outer arms. Set up exactly the same length as the old ones (made a jig at work)

When fitted the inner end rubs against the long steering rod it is connected to..

Looks like the inner rod needs grinding to have clearance. No way am I grinding steering stuff.

Am phoning Roughtrax tomorrow morning as they were shut by the time I'd fitted it this evening.

Just wondered if I'm the only one this has happened to ?

Rob.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wishbone; 20 May 2009, 22:06.

That Tierod looks the wrong shape. Is the other side the same. The one you fitted is not the same as a new one I have here.

Nev

Comment

my inner tie rod ends i had on 4runner do NOT have grease nipple
      but the outer ones nearest to wheels did!

the outers you have look right shape, but not inners and yours have grease point?
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Maybe they sent out pick-up, solid axle type rod ends.

Comment

This is a pic from the Roughtrax website and the tierods you have do not look like these.

Nev

Comment

solid-axle pickup ones ones have a tab on side, which the ones you got off roughtrax dont either
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Roughtrax are sending me 2 more (different brands) and I'm returning this one. Will let you know how it goes.

Rob.

Comment

Just removed the inner rod. Here's a pic to compare with the old rod. The new one is shorter and has more of a crank, which will pull the rod closer to the bar it's connected to.

The arrow points to where it's rubbing.

Hopefully the replacement will be here tomorrow and I can have it all done before the weekend.

Rob.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I've got the exact same issue.

The alternatives that RT have suggested are from a different manufacturer, but are fundamentally the same component and would foul the steering rod.

Does anyone know what part my inner TREs might be from?

I've looked at some Landcruiser parts, but nothing obvious. Gen3 set up is different again.

Please let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Working...
                  X