Manual surf wanted please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual surf wanted please.

As above I'm after a manual surf /4runner I'd prefer it to be 3.0td but manual is more important really.

I'm based in Cornwall but more than willing to travel for a nice one with enough evidence to prove its tidy and not going to breakdown on the way home.
    I've got 2 broken cars atm and can't afford a broken truck to.
    I need a reliable work and play vehicle and a surf or landcruiser is definitely the most reliable in my book.

I don't mind if there's a few little problems with it but long as it's reliable and not about to rust apart.

Anyways thank you for your time in Reading this

Carl

Hi Carl,

What generation are you after?

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave

I'm not really to bothered as long as it's got working aircon and electric windows.
      And 3.0 to manual.

I can live without the aircon and windows really but would have to be really perfect or cool to do without them.

Why what have you got in mind?

Would also like to add that if it's been used for offroading in the past that's not a problem if anything a bonus in my book.

Comment

I've just got a first gen 2.4 on the road again as a daily drive. It's a 2.4 manual though(photo on tr forum photo section). I rescued it from someone who had it sat around for couple years, I was originally gonna keep it over winter, sell it again as I want a 3.0 air gen 3( more safety features for the kids).

I've done loads of work on it including steering box rebuild, new rear shocks, new lenses, new pads, little welding patch by rear n/s arch but it's otherwise sound.

I'm planning to respray rear arches.

obviously gen 1's are rare in this country but sounds like you need a gen 2 or 3 manual 3 liter...I'll keep my ear to the ground as there's quite a few in Southampton as they used to import through here.

Comment

Will have a look and see what it's like but would really prefer the 3.0.
          It will be used for a bit of towing possibly catering wagons so would prefer the Grunt and reliability of the 3.0.
          I do have a thing for older trucks though so it mite change my mind when I find it. Lol.
          What colour so I know which 1 I'm looking for.
          Thanks Dave would be nice if you'd keep ear to the ground.

Comment

it's grey, with the removable fibreglass back end. I only posted pic today or yesterday.

If you're interested in any more detail, let me know.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

I saw 1 like yours for sale on fleebay a while ago I got to admit I really liked it but the rear seats in the back wernt to child friendly.
              I got 3 kids.
              They are really nice tho.
              This 1 was lifted a little with big tyres and had a new engine.
              When I saw what it went for I remember thinking I wish I'd bid on it.
              Can't remember the price but seemed way to cheap for what it was.

Comment

The rear seat may as well not be in there... plus I won't take my daughter out far in it and if I do she's in the front with a proper seatbelt!

Hence why I wanna go for a 3rd gen. If I can afford to keep both I will tho as I think this one will be great off road!

Comment

I have a manual Gen-3 3.0td which will be for sale this week (with a new MOT). It is blue on grey, has General Grabber ATs all round with loads of tread and is in very nice condition for a 1996 truck. I live in Dorset so a bit of a drive but not so far.

How much are you looking to spend?

Comment

Just to add it has working aircon/climate and electric windows, multimode transfer case, cd/radio with aux and USB input and new aerial and 145000km (91000 miles) on the clock.

If you're interested I can take some pictures and send them to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X