As new as possible standard kin 185,manual surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As new as possible standard kin 185,manual surf

Hi,looking for as new as possible standard surf,no body lifts or winches etc.
    No dark colours unless paintwork is mint.
    Must be motd,low miles
    Preferences are,manual,spare wheel under floor,cloth interior,sunroof,airbags,inter cooler model,light paintwork,beige,white,light baby blue etc
    Ready to buy.
    Send a description,pictures,price to leemcgregor@hotmail.co.uk
    No scammers,been around long enough to figure what's real and what's not,no deposit till I have seen the vehicle.
    This is a private sale,not for export,I only want 1 good 1 for myself as I need a bigger car to replace my daily estate.
    Thanks,lee

Good luck.

Sounds like it would be easier if you just imported one.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Good luck.

Sounds like it would be easier if you just imported one.
      You beat me to it vince.

He may be looking for quite some time.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

There will be one somewhere, but I agree it could be a long search.
        Manual? Yes they are out there but rarer than autos by a long way
        Intercooler ? Yes they are out there too, but less common
        Underslung spare ? Probably a bit less common than rear mounted
        Sunroof ? Not sure but less with sunroofs than without Id guess
        No Dark colours ?
        No scammers ?

Add all that together and I see either a long search, or a compromise coming up. No harm asking or looking, but I hope you are prepared for a long haul.
        And why oh why do people feel the need to say "no scammers" in an ad? what exactly does that achieve? Surely unless you put Scammers welcome thats a given.
        Сви можемо

Comment

Are they really that rare?
          I could compromise the gearbox and intercooler but after having a 3rd gen top spec auto before I think I'd like a manual.
          Really want the underslung spare though.
          Who do you go to regards importing?

Comment

Originally posted by rollo ford View Post
            I could compromise the gearbox and intercooler but after having a 3rd gen top spec auto before I think I'd like a manual.
            Under slung spare can be done by yourself but its finding an importer that's not going to charge the earth & you getting the right surf in return for your up front cash. I always think its a big risk handing money over for a car you've not even seen. Your new truck is out there but it's a question of when or where it will be up for sale.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by rollo ford View Post
              An intercooled, manual gearbox, 'baby blue' 3rd gen is your idea of a top spec 3rd gen?

Anyhoo, here's one exporter........
              http://www.japanesecartrade.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                An intercooled, manual gearbox, 'baby blue' 3rd gen is your idea of a top spec 3rd gen?

Anyhoo, here's one exporter........
                http://www.japanesecartrade.com/
                Maybe not youre top spec surf but that's what will suit my needs and what I'm after.
                I'm no surf anorak but I know what I want and was only putting a wanted ad out there to see if there's 1 for sale.

Comment

I had a look at my last surf to see how the spare wheel would be held,that parts the easy bit.getting rid of the bulky frame and getting the right tailgate without the catch for the frame would be the hard bit.
                  There was a near ideal surf on ebay last month but it sold,I was not in a position to buy as I had to sell my daily car 1st.
                  There seems to be a few dealers who offer to locate the right trucks,I have messaged a couple so ill see what comes back.

Comment

Just wondering why you want the manual? I can't see there being more than a few mpg in it. The nature of the vehicle will always be at odds with fuel efficiency.

I also suspect you'd have more look finding one in Japan and bringing it over yourself - in addition to the sites others have provided above, these chaps always seem to have a wide selection:

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com
                    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I prefer a manual to an auto,just sold my 530d bmw and that had the step auto box which I hated.
                      Had a look at that site,they have a very nice ssr-x tdi manual for 9k,I suspect there will be shipping,handling,import duties plus getting it through an sva test here so that's a fair bit more than I'm looking to spend.
                      Thanks for the link,ill keep looking back here.

Comment

Working...
                      X