Non grey wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non grey wanted

hi , im looking for a 92/93 2.4td auto Hilux Surf in immac condition no more then 80.000 miles on the clock.
    But it has to be a paralell import and not direct from japan [grey import as you proberly know :P] cuz i wont get insured on them for some reason .
    In the wiltshire area , willing to pay upto 3800.
    also i need it by the coming wednesday as the buyer of my car needs it for work, somone squashed his up against a wall then drove off for him to find in the morning , and has already lost a weeks pay so he's desp for a car.
    thanks Dave

Originally posted by Mr Stiggy
    hi , im looking for a 92/93 2.4td auto Hilux Surf in immac condition no more then 80.000 miles on the clock.
    But it has to be a paralell import and not direct from japan [grey import as you proberly know :P] cuz i wont get insured on them for some reason .
    also i need it by the coming wednesday as the buyer of my car needs it for work, somone squashed his up against a wall then drove off for him to find in the morning , and has already lost a weeks pay so he's desp for a car.
    thanks Dave
    You will be very lucky to get an immaculate one at that price.

Comment

:P i thought so, what sort of price am i looking at ?

Comment

price

well up here in bury ya talking about 4800 average up to 5800 for a immaculate one
        I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
        (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

well in auto trader there going for 3500 to 5000 down here, and say there in imac condition [as they would] but im finding it hard to get a non grey

Comment

sorry but

if u want an english version you need a 4runner also they dont have aircon but do have a lsd on most
            I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
            (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

message 4 Mr stiggy

thanks Dave
              Hi stiggy,thought this info might be useful.Try HADEN WELBECK GROUP.26 Albert Rd.Belvedere Village.Kent.DA17 5Lj.Phone no;01322 430141.
              They do insurance 4 jap imports.I found them quite resonable.
              If u have any luck let me know,as i am selling my surf if u are interested.
              Mudmuncher.
              Last edited by Mudmuncher; 27 August 2004, 23:21. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Thanks, a lady is phoning me form cvd-insurance to she if she can work me out a deal ,[by the way im only 21 :P] so i have to wait till tuesday to find out if i can get one

Comment

thanks Dave
                  All SURFS are grey imports lots of insurance companys will insure you its not as dear as you think. there are 2 engine sizes on the 2nd gen surf 2.4 & 3.0 Turbo Diesel. Petrol ones where also made but are rare as are manual gearbox Surfs
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Thanks, a lady is phoning me form cvd-insurance to she if she can work me out a deal ,[by the way im only 21 :P] so i have to wait till tuesday to find out if i can get one
                    HAVE YOU GOT SORTED WITH A SURF YET??
                    GOT ONE FOR SALE!!
                    AS FOR INSURANCE TESCO DO THE BEST DEAL FOR JAP IMPORTS
                    COST ME £280 FULLY COMP
                    GOT TO SELL AS OUT OF WORK AND BILLS TO PAY
                    ABSOLUTE MINT COND (BURGUNDY OVER SILVER-GREY)
                    92 WITH PRIVATE PLATE MKZ 3431
                    T+T = 6 MONTH LOOKING FOR AROUND £4500 BUT OPEN TO OFFERS
                    GOT GORGEOUS WIDE ALLOYS, CD MULTI CHANGER CHROME BULLBAR ETC
                    INTERESTED?? RING ME 07708 925 435

Comment

Now as all who know me : know i'mm a little slow on the uptake ( it's his age you know )

So whats a "paralell import" ?????????
                      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat

Now as all who know me : know i'mm a little slow on the uptake ( it's his age you know )

So whats a "paralell import" ?????????
                        A parellel import is as far as I know goods that are made for several markets from one supplier but then shipped out to different countries for resale. A parallel importer then imports them back, most parallel imports tend to be on the branded items of designer clothes, cameras etc etc.
                        I.E Levi jeans made in England will be shipped to say Spain where they resale for £10 and also shipped to various outlets in the UK and sold for £50 a pair. So the parallel importers import them in from spain and sell them back in the UK for £25 a pair. So you happy with the bargain price, the importer is happy and Levi etc are not to pleased.
                        Parallel imports are generally considered 'gray goods'.
                        Last edited by Koi; 7 September 2004, 09:59.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Thanks Koi, now i understand.
                          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

a parallel import is an import of a vehicle that is already on general sale in this country, a grey import is an import of a vehicle not on general sale in this country, as far as i know,

ship

Comment

insurance..... shouldnt be a problem.

i'm only 22 and have got my 92 SSR-G insured through tesco's and it costs me £600 fully comp, its a bit steep cos i live near london, but they were the best by a long way!!!!!!!!!!
                              2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

Working...
                              X