Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email sent

Comment

Thanks Paul. Replied to your e-mail now with more details about the car.

Comment

After emailing TeaMonsta ive decidied that for various reasons (none being his or the trucks fault) that his is not for me

Think I need to broaden my horizons and dare to ask the question - do the autoboxes ever go wrong / common faults ?

Comment

The Autos are generally as reliable or more reliable than the manual cars plus there's a ready supply of spares if they go wrong. We have plenty of them knocking around in 40 degree heat all day long and the Autos are far more durable than the manuals, no clutch replacements to worry about either. They get a very hard time out here too.

That said, TeaMonsta, I'd be happy to take yours off your hands if the price is right. I'm in no rush as I don't finish in Afghanistan until next year.
          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Ill chuck an auto want into the mix too then

Comment

Best to, I reckon, Paul. Surf's are getting pretty thin on the ground it seems. and, as Ross points out, as there are plenty of autos about, you'll never be short of parts or advice. The reason I got a manual was because it happened to be manual. I would've still bought it if it had been an auto.

Comment

Yea think ive narrowed my field down too much from the start really !

Currently keeping an open mind on anything aslong as its a Toyota 4wd

Comment

Did you see this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2710860116...84.m1423.l2649

Prices are definitely on the rise!

Comment

Lol

People really are worried baout the snow !

Comment

Discovery sold a few weeks ago and now running about in a Focus that will last until August at the most !

Not wanting to pay snow / flood prices though but have cash waiting for the right one

Comment

Still Interested in selling?

Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
                        I hope I'm not wasting your time but I've just bought a 3.0L, gen 3, 5 speed manual and wondered why you'd like a manual and not an automatic? Are they more desirable or is it just your personal preference?

By the way, I might consider selling it to you if:

1 - The price is right (obviously)
                        2 - You don't mind waiting for me to find a replacement (could be a while!)
                        Hi
                        Are you still interested in selling your surf?
                        malik_wajih@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mwh View Post
                          Hi
                          Are you still interested in selling your surf?
                          I can't sell it now that we're into winter but I'll keep you in mind if I'm looking to change it next year. That'll only be if I can find one in at least the same condition, though. Thanks for your your interest, keep you posted

Comment

Found one a deposit placed so this can be locked if needed

Comment

Working...
                            X