X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like a 3rd Gen Surf :)

Evening folks,

I am now finally looking for a Surf

Thing is I’m looking to be fairly specific – I’d like a 3rd gen in Black please

Preferably bog standard, in reasonable condition, miles aren’t too big an issue as I’m lead to believe these engines are as tough as nails.

Not too fussed about fuel type, I’m leaning towards Diesel, but I’m sure the Petrol owners will soon be along to put me right

I’d like it to be the version with the Multi-mode 4x4.

If I could be choosey I’d rather it didn’t have a tow bar, or a sunroof, but I’m not going to turn down one that’s got both, which lets face is more likely.

My main reason for posting, other than obviously hoping that someone out there is somewhat undecided about selling theirs and thinks well this guy’s got the cash and is looking, I’m hoping some of you can give me some other options of where to look? On a daily basis I'm looking at Autotrader, Ebay, Pistonheads, Gumtree, Preloved, Freeads, and exchange and Mart...

Thanks in advance guys

Rog

I think you are now the proud owner of one of the best surfs on the forum, well in my humble opinion anyway.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
      Evening folks,

I am now finally looking for a Surf

Thing is I’m looking to be fairly specific – I’d like a 3rd gen in Black please

Preferably bog standard, in reasonable condition, miles aren’t too big an issue as I’m lead to believe these engines are as tough as nails.

Not too fussed about fuel type, I’m leaning towards Diesel, but I’m sure the Petrol owners will soon be along to put me right

I’d like it to be the version with the Multi-mode 4x4.

If I could be choosey I’d rather it didn’t have a tow bar, or a sunroof, but I’m not going to turn down one that’s got both, which lets face is more likely.

My main reason for posting, other than obviously hoping that someone out there is somewhat undecided about selling theirs and thinks well this guy’s got the cash and is looking, I’m hoping some of you can give me some other options of where to look? On a daily basis I'm looking at Autotrader, Ebay, Pistonheads, Gumtree, Preloved, Freeads, and exchange and Mart...

Thanks in advance guys

Rog
      Hi Rog

So did you finally buy a surf and was it that nice looking blue over silver from Yorkshire - that certainly was a nice looking machine. Anyway, if you did and it was congratulations !

Comment

I did indeed a buy a nice shiny blue Surf from Yorkshire! It wasn't any of the advertised ones though, it was Si's (Si Tate) 'old surf'. I've only had it a day and its great, everyone I've seen so far are really impressed, most people I've been telling I'm hoping to get a Hilux Surf soon, had no idea what one was, so now they're seeing it they've all been well impressed, especially as its such and 'old car'. I'll post a pic or two later in the week, but in all honesty none of my pics are going to compare to Si's as they'll just be pics of it parked on my drive, need to find somewhere picturesque and get some pics done, still getting used to it first. Its my first Auto, its really comfy, drove nearly 300 miles home in it this morning and enjoyed every minute of it, even when we got in a bit of traffic. Got lots of questions and stuff, so will have to start some more threads about them

Thanks again Si

Rog

Comment

I'm glad it went to a good home.

P.S
          I'm not missing it yet & it's been 24 hours.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X