Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 3.0 TD Surf

Hi folks
    This is my first post but Ive been having a good read around the forum for the last month or so to get an idea of what I may be letting myself in for..!
    Im looking for a clean, tidy 2nd Gen 3.0 TD surf. Ive got a bit of a wish list, would prefer a later lower mileage one but higher mileage if head has been changed would be fine. Im a bit fussy about rust im afraid, bumpers and loose underside I can live with but doors, panels etc Im really looking to avoid.
    I would consider a 3rd Gen but think my budget will probably restrict me there.
    Im not looking for a big off-roader either, as it wont be going off road very often.
    If anyone here is thinking of selling or knows of one that may shape up Id be really pleased to hear from you. Ive been looking on ebay, autotrader PH and gumtree, but only been in a position to buy since last weekend. Any advice would be more than welcome (Ive read the buying guide on here).
    Im in the East Midlands (nr Leicester) and happy to travel to view but itll have to be an immaculate bargain to get me to Cornwall or Scotland!!!

Nothing to do with me or the original poster but there's one down in wales if you want to have a look Here

Hopefully this is not offending anyone on here, but if so please let the admin's delete the post.

Comment

Hi Growler
      Thanks for the info.
      Ive joined the above forum so I can see the link but for some reason I
      cant access it - will try again later.
      Yesterday had a 300 mile round trip to view 3 Surfs, only got to see2 as a dealer
      blew me out at the last minute. Still looking!

Comment

The guy left his number with me,
        its 07973377286, his name is Wayne!
        Worth a phone call I recon!
        If I had the pennies spare I would have had it myself!

Its a Blue L reg, 3.0td.
        Meastage,Bridged.
        J36 off m4.

Seems like a genuin guy as well!

Comment

Hi folks
          Thanks for the help, I didnt contact Wayne because Id seen a nice one
          the other day and Ive just bought it this afternoon. Just hope its ok now, looked clean and tidy and well kept not oil leaks etc etc but Im sure Ill be spending a bit of time on this forum in the coming months!!
          Cheers

Comment

So long as your sorted is all that matters

Feel free to ask questions as you need to, and use the search function too it can be slow going but worthwhile

Comment

Glad you got sorted!
              Another Surfy!
              It gets addictive mind this Lux thing
              Belive me!

You will learn loads about them, when you start mucking about putting your own stamp on them!
              There are loads of parts available for them, especialy on forums like this.
              And if you look on the top of the page you will see a flashing advert for a Surf breaker!

You wont be long till you are drooling over a Lexus conversion.
              I know, I am!
              lol.

Comment

Thanks for all the help folks, now Im a great believer of if you started something you should finish it, especially threads.... nothing more frustrating than reading all the input from everybody but no conclusion at the end!
                So Ive handed the man my money and picked up the Surf today. Still smiling quietly on the inside, drove home 80 miles nicely, no smoke, no oily mess under the bonnet, no steam, no knocks or bangs etc so now I can look forward to giving it a good service and getting some of the decals off!!

Sure I will be posting questions soon, but this thread can be removed now.

Comment

Originally posted by talktorque View Post
                  this thread can be removed now.
                  Might as well; as its useless without pics
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Sorry Bogus, you are absolutely right, heres a couple of pics of the old Bisum, hopefully youll see why getting the decals off ( the gold ones especially) is a priority.
                    Think the bar and lights might be close behind!! Apologies that the pics are a bit poor will post some better ones up soon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Stickers are gash.

Bar is........well.....different, not sure if I like it or not.

Looks a decent truck, enjoy. The guys on here are very helpful and have great knowledge on these cars............

Just noticed the chrome wiper...............

Comment

My current dilemma is where to obtain a matching chrome wiper for
                        drivers side, maybe Poundland will come to the rescue.......!!

Comment

hey i have a "M" reg imported 3.0 auto surf needs a little bit of tidying here and there but at £1700 there is plenty room to make improvment and still have a truck worth more, it has a 2" body lift on 31" tyres and 15" rims it is dark metalic blue with the LSD rear diff. if you want to see some pics and talk money email me at ghost-rider-2010@hotmail.com

cheers doug
                          ***** Cheers Douggie *****

Comment

Hi Doug,
                            I have sorted a '94 truck out thanks, just in the process of tidying it up!
                            Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X