3.0 TD surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 TD surf

Hi guys, im all new to the 4x4 world but after looking at Jeeps n Shoguns ive decided its gotta be a 3.0 td surf! I have £3000 max to spend but would like to keep some o that for mods ect would like an ssrg not bothered if 2nd or 3rd gen. We live between Cambridge and Bury st eds but willing to travel. I have found an L reg 2nd gen ssrg with 80,000 miles on it that looks good so will go and have a look at it asap, I think its up for around £3000 so what do you think is a fair price to offer. Thanks for your help.

Bit expensive at that price in my opinion, but if you want to pay 3K for a 2nd gen you can have mine

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      Bit expensive at that price in my opinion, but if you want to pay 3K for a 2nd gen you can have mine
      Its at a dealer and want to knock him down a few sobs lol just wondered what would be a fair price?

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than £2k for an absolutely minted 3.0, 2nd gen, with a brand new head.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by imotep View Post
          Hi guys, im all new to the 4x4 world but after looking at Jeeps n Shoguns ive decided its gotta be a 3.0 td surf! I have £3000 max to spend but would like to keep some o that for mods ect would like an ssrg not bothered if 2nd or 3rd gen. We live between Cambridge and Bury st eds but willing to travel. I have found an L reg 2nd gen ssrg with 80,000 miles on it that looks good so will go and have a look at it asap, I think its up for around £3000 so what do you think is a fair price to offer. Thanks for your help.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3512559.htm

He's desperate to sell this now apparently. It could be yours for 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Have looked at this on ph but the rust and dent put me off. Help me find some more guys?

Comment

Too many "depends" to be accurate and of course lots of opinions and of course it depends on your wants, needs

If its "mint" clean and tidy with no obvious defects, a set of good tyres with years or miles of running on them, a proper radio thats not the original, a years test, an exhaust that looks like it might last the winter, some evidence of servicing, (nice red ATF, coolant rather than water in the rad ) and everything working, then I would say 2200-2300 would be reasonable. If it had a set of newish, quality boots ( BFG, GG or similar) Id maybe stretch to 2400. Youre going to spend a wee bit on servicing anyway, as one does with a new "old" car. As a minimum youd be changing the T belt, rad cap, stat and oils, and checking if not also changing brake shoes and pads,so that all adds to the cost.
              If you are less fussy you can get something less than mint but still nice for a lot less. You can also get something nice for a good bit less, but if you are going to have to spend 400 on new tyres and 150 on a new exhaust and the odd shilling here and there to get it where you want, it may not be long before youre looking at the 2200 , 2300 you could have had great for. Its all a bit of a lottery.
              Сви можемо

Comment

......ive decided its gotta be a 3.0 td surf! I have £3000 max to spend but would like to keep some o that for mods ect........
                Have looked at this on ph but the rust and dent put me off.
                Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Comment

All the good surfs are miles away lol nowt around here! The £3000 SSRG sold today

Comment

You want one, you need to be prepared to travel.
                    Сви можемо

Comment

All the good surfs are miles away lol nowt around here!
                      Tis true - when I was looking for one they were all in Suffolk!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                        You want one, you need to be prepared to travel.
                        Im prepared to travel, just get fedup when you make the effort and spend time/cash on hpi ect and when you get to the car/truck its not as described lol

Comment

Originally posted by spacast View Post
                          Tis true - when I was looking for one they were all in Suffolk!
                          lol

Comment

Hi guys , I am putting my 3 ltr 3rd gen up for sale in the next week or so , as soon as I can get some pics on the pc it will probably be going in the classifieds.
                            It's a 96 p reg , with a low 100.000 miles , metallic grey over silver trim (never seen another the same colour. )
                            Will have a full mot , and some tax ,will also treat it to a full service and cambelt.
                            The body's not absolutely mint , there is the odd mark / scrape etc , but nothing too serious . Just being honest.
                            It's got a brand new witter towbar aswell .
                            I also fitted a ford 6 disk cd changer .
                            The engine starts first click of the key and runs sweet as a nut.
                            The only known fault is the rev counter can be a little erratic , but nearly every surf I went to view was the same , this one was by far the best I could find.
                            Regards Poves.
                            Last edited by Poves; 8 January 2012, 16:51.

Comment

l
                              Last edited by nasar1968; 22 May 2012, 18:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X