surf wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf wanted!

hi guys, well the misses wrote off my new surf earlier over salisbury plains by rolling it over and the roof has caved in and bent the body to death so im desperatly after another one, i dont care what it is or if its hanging and needs work aslong as its a diesel and a manual ill have it, i havent got alot of money so ill take anything i can get!

please let me know if you have one or now of one!

Storm has already dropped you in it ................

did you say you had a v8 adaptor
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      Storm has already dropped you in it ................

did you say you had a v8 adaptor
      what you mean dropped me in it?where?

yea a mate of mine has got one on a gearbox sat in his garden!

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58461

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58618

It might help if you explain as well

Comment

well the misses had a go offroadin today out salisbury plains and tried getting the arse end out doin 40 as shes a complete ### and quite simply she flipped it straight onto the roof and caved everything rite in, thankfully everybody got out without harm but i think she has whiplash and mild shock which she has been treated for, so i have 2 choices.. take the engine out of the rolled truck and put it into my old truck with a blown up engine or just try and get another one purely for offraodin as ive banned her from going withing 100feet of my car!

and a mate of mine has the v8 bellhousing sat in his garden as he has a street monster and was going to put a v8 in it but never bothere to in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by chewee View Post
            well the misses had a go offroadin today out salisbury plains and tried getting the arse end out doin 40 as shes a complete ### and quite simply she flipped it straight onto the roof and caved everything rite in, thankfully everybody got out without harm but i think she has whiplash and mild shock which she has been treated for, so i have 2 choices.. take the engine out of the rolled truck and put it into my old truck with a blown up engine or just try and get another one purely for offraodin as ive banned her from going withing 100feet of my car!

and a mate of mine has the v8 bellhousing sat in his garden as he has a street monster and was going to put a v8 in it but never bothere to in the end!

what engines are they ??? its swapping lt and lte that are problems

may be intrested on the bell housing if it has the clutch assembly .....any idea on price

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              what engines are they ??? its swapping lt and lte that are problems

may be intrested on the bell housing if it has the clutch assembly .....any idea on price
              havent got the slightest mate! the grey truck is a 2lt and the other one all i know is thats an efi! whats the difference?? is it a case of having to swap looms over aswell??

he might do ill have a word with him on munday as hes away for the weekend

Comment

havent got the slightest mate! the grey truck is a 2lt and the other one all i know is thats an efi! whats the difference?? is it a case of having to swap looms over aswell??

he might do ill have a word with him on munday as hes away for the weekend
                is it for a 4 or 5 speed manual

To swap a lt into a lte is easy as alot of the wireing and ecu become redundant ....... a lte will need the loom and ecu to be retrofitted

efi is a 2lte ...... then you could get a v8 and use the bell housing i am intrested in (if a manual) or stick a 3ltr lump in or a lexus lump ........

or find a truck with a fcuked box

Comment

they are both 5 speed manuals, so putting the 2lt engine in my old efi is easy then??

i would like a v8 BUT i would prefer the diesel as it means im safer in puddles which i spend half my life in! lol

ill see what people can offer me and go from there!

Comment

they are both 5 speed manuals, so putting the 2lt engine in my old efi is easy then??

i would like a v8 BUT i would prefer the diesel as it means im safer in puddles which i spend half my life in! lol

ill see what people can offer me and go from there!
                    easier i would say .........the other lumps that i am looking at are the 2.8 diahatsu 3.1 ltr nissan and the 4ltr land cruiser deisel all will fit .....just but will need some mods to do so

A v8 can be water prooed if you want to do it

Comment

how and bear in mind ive got next to nothing i cant afford alot!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your truck chewee. Bad news travels fast

Hope you get sorted out soon.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

well ive got another truck now but im not sure wether to keep it an abuse it or to do it up and sell it so i can get another!

so far it needs...
                          new rear window mech,
                          passenger window switch,
                          new engine mount,
                          new radiater,
                          new rear bumper,

i have all these parts sitting here ready to be put on and sold or do i just keep it and run it into the ground???

let me knwo your opinions but for now im still loooking for another truck so let me know what you have

Comment

What did you get ??? if you got the bits fix and use ......you can then start saving for the next one

Comment

same again!

Comment

Working...
                              X