Surf wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf wanted

Well, I am looking at getting back into the 4x4 sector, but wanting something I can have fun in, and not worry about the paint work etc - as had a new Discovery 3 HSE - amazing off road - but I was too concerned about damage to really have fun....

So I am after a 3.0 litre version, as after a lot of reading up on this very informative site, that would seem the best, and also an auto preferred.

Ideally, it would already have a body/suspension lift, and large tyres etc but not a requirement, as again, having read up on this, it would seem that anything can be done for some bacon butties - lol

Budget is between £2-3k, or if you are after a change, I currently have a 5 series M-Sport tourer that I have for sale, and am sure a swop with cash could be arranged.

Anyone know of anything good about?

Cheers

Stu

Fun Surf

Hi have you got anything yet as i have 1995 3litre SSR-X Limited automatic that i use for OFFROAD only it is road legal and is taxed and mot,d, it has a suspenesion lift and "OLD MAN EMU" shocks alround, at this moment it needs the front diff replaceing which i have but commitments are taking up all my spare time plus my health is not to good at the moment. It does have some battle scars it has not been offroad this year for obvious reasons so has only had road use other wise it has just sat there 90% of the time. I am looking for around £1750.

Regards Hilux Bob
    Last edited by Hilux; 27 August 2009, 10:23.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

I'm goun to put my burgundy 3.0 up for sale. Done 114000 miles, l reg ssrx auto.

Only imported in 2007 I think ( got loads of docs if you speak Japanese!), had timing belt done and 2 new batteries. It's my daily driver, but I have completed a 2" body lift and 2" sus lift and fitted 33" tyres 4000 miles ago.

It's been offroaded only once, but I just don't have the time to play in mud, so looking at selling and gettin an estate car instead.

Looking for £2500

mart
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
        I'm goun to put my burgundy 3.0 up for sale. Done 114000 miles, l reg ssrx auto.

Only imported in 2007 I think ( got loads of docs if you speak Japanese!), had timing belt done and 2 new batteries. It's my daily driver, but I have completed a 2" body lift and 2" sus lift and fitted 33" tyres 4000 miles ago.

It's been offroaded only once, but I just don't have the time to play in mud, so looking at selling and gettin an estate car instead.

Looking for £2500

mart
        Mart,

Sounds good, do you have any pics, more info?

Also, what sort of estate are you after, as got my 5 Series Beemer M-Sport Tourer that I have for sale?

Cheers

Stu
        Last edited by StuRox; 12 April 2011, 15:45.

Comment

Well other than that info above, its taxed until march 2010, think the MOT is due in december but will double check.

as stated i've got lots of paperwork and manuals, all in japanese. it was registered on 1/7/06 in the uk, and i am the second owner (the previous one being a member of this forum.

its got 33" maxxis buckshot mudder tyres, 2" body and 2" sus lift. The exhaust rotted in a few places last year, so i had a powerflow system made for it from the end of the downpipe back, exiting before the rear wheel so it wouldn't get destroyed when going offroad like the standard exhausts do. plus its stainless with a lifetime garuntee. Its got a cat 1 alarm with installation cert to keep Mr insurance happy.

mechanically its all good, only been run on veg oil 3 times, and then with only 20 litres veg to 40 litres diesel. the only problem is the rear propshaft UJ has gone, but a new one has been ordered and i'm, fitting it next week. electrically it all works, hard/soft suspension works, twin batteries, cd player etc. A/c cools things nicely and it has the dual heaters (one in the back seats). the only prob is the drivers side rear window has no motor in it. never bothered me, but any easy fix if you wanted it doing.also has turbotimer that i use to heat the car on winter mornings whilst keeping it locked up!

as i said i intended to use it more offroad, just never got round to it, so its not been abused. there is a little rust coming through on the bottom of one of the rear doors, but its only surface, i was actually thinking of swapping the entire door with a breaker on here, just as cheap as repairing it.

oh yeah and its an underslung spare, not rear mounted. but the spare is in the garage, i never take it with me, but can easily put it back on (though its not a 33" tyre)

think ive been as honest as i can, if there's anything i've missed tell me cos i've rambled on alot,

now to get you some pics.

Martin
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Another option.

L plate Satin black 3.0 ssrx.
            Genuine toyota cambelt at 109,000 (bloke i bought it off said it'd been changed, but i sorted it anyway).
            Now showing 121,000 (most of which is kms).
            No rot apart from a little surface rust on bottom inside of drivers door.
            Split rims with just about as new 33' buckshot mudders.
            Body lift, suspension lift, (landcruiser springs + tophats).
            Oil and filter changed religiously every 3000 mls, with genuine toyota filter.
            Everything works. (inc. aircon)
            11 months tax.
            10 months mot.
            Pile of receipts for bits and bobs, set of five standard wheels, with centre caps, standard bull bar, anti roll bars, and even two manuals (body and motor) included.

Daily runner, never let me down. The idea was to have it cosmeticaly ok, and mechanicaly sound, and the only off road its done is to get me up light mountain trails to go climbing!)

Not the best pic, but i can find more latter. £2300 ono.
            Attached Files

Comment

how bout this one?

its within your budget

BTW - some of those pics are old. It has the TJM winch bumper on it, a Safari snorkel, custom exhaust (side exhaust) free wheeling hubs, etc. etc.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by blackpoolsparks; 31 August 2009, 10:55.
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

No No NO you need to buy my 93L SSRG with bits on then I can buy Blackpoolsparks monster machine
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

BlackpoolSparks,

I have sent you an email

Look forward to hearing back from you,

Cheers

Stu

Comment

back at you...
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by StuRox View Post
                      BlackpoolSparks,

I have sent you an email

Look forward to hearing back from you,

Cheers

Stu
                      COR used to be mine, I did use it off road regular and I don't mean a dirty country lane. However, I can confirm it was well looked after and it runs like a dream. Gordon has added some nice bits to it over the last year and when I saw it a couple of months ago it looked fantastic. If I had the space I would buy it back. You will be hard pressed to find a better 2nd Gen mate.
                      Last edited by yoshie; 6 September 2009, 11:12.
                      Brian

Comment

I agree completely with you, but for his budget, my Beemer needs to sell first, and therefore don't have the wonga just yet.

I was undecided if I want a blank canvis, as opposed to one completed modd'd, but I do keep going back to have a look at the pics.......

Shame mine hasn't shifted yet......

Comment

What about this one seen here fording a river in the Spanish Pyrenees recently

4" lift
                          33" BFGs on steel wheels
                          TJM shocks
                          Warn manual hubs
                          custom stainless bashplate (Outrageous Offroad)
                          custom bolted on rock sliders (2"x2" steel tube - Outrageous Offroad)
                          Safari snorkel
                          ATF cooler with fan
                          Front Procomp Stainless 130W spots
                          Bolted on rooftray
                          Wipac roof spots on front of rack
                          work lights on rear of rack
                          CB & Scanner in custom overhead console
                          Rear passenger & load area power outlets
                          240V inverter

In the last 6 months it's had :-

Genuine Toyota rad & fresh coolant, all track rod ends, both top balljoints, all CV boots, front wheel bearings, 1 rear wheel bearing with the other to be done soon, rear diff oil, front diff oil, ATF, two changes of engine oil (genuine Toyota filter), air filter, fuel filter, new front brake pads (yesterday!) - doesn't want for anything.
                          Not for sale though - sorry!
                          Last edited by Apache; 7 September 2009, 15:43.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well, looks like my Beemer has now been sold, so now definitely in the market for a new Surf, although took a hit on the sale price of my Beemer so not so many pennies in the pot as I would have liked..

BlackpoolSparks, I have sent you a PM regarding yours, if its still about, and anyone else looking to part with a 3.0 let me know - looking up to around £2k.

Ideally with a lift, and nice BFG A/T tyres etc, but doubtful at this budget, but the way the used car market is taking hits, and values plummeting, who knows....

Comment

Originally posted by StuRox View Post
                              Well, looks like my Beemer has now been sold, so now definitely in the market for a new Surf, although took a hit on the sale price of my Beemer so not so many pennies in the pot as I would have liked..

BlackpoolSparks, I have sent you a PM regarding yours, if its still about, and anyone else looking to part with a 3.0 let me know - looking up to around £2k.

Ideally with a lift, and nice BFG A/T tyres etc, but doubtful at this budget, but the way the used car market is taking hits, and values plummeting, who knows....
                              replied to your email Stu
                              Cheers
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X