i want a surf.....but which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want a surf.....but which one?

hi all this is my first post and i must tell you that i am not currently a surf owner. however i just got back from a weekend in wales playing in my mates standard ssrx 3.0 gen 2 (i think!) and im totally hooked i have got to have one!. i just wanted to know which was generally considered the better choice the 2.4 or the 3.0 as im just starting to look for one. i suspect i may start a bit of an argument here but opinions please im a total newbie!!!

Welcome on board mate!

The 3.0ltr is the one to be recommended, More power and similar MPG.

there are loads out there for bargain basement prices so theres no 'real' excuse to not get a 3.0ltr.

Depending on your budget, have you considered the 3rd generation Surf? Ive only ever heard good things about them. They also have dropped in price a bit.

Either way, Which ever model you choose on you'll find nothing but helpful advise here mate! Good luck on your search!

Comment

Welcome onboard, and do as Rod says.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

cheers chaps any other pointers would be greatly appreciated, in fact anyone know of a tidy gen2 3.0 for sale im all in on this spending every penny i ve got (sad but true!) so i gotta find a goodun cos if it goes bang im without transport(sellin my primera gt to help finance surf)

Comment

2nd Gen looks better IMO, but there are 3rd gens about now for ~£4k so it seems silly not to consider one if you aren't totally cash strapped.

2.4s can be had from around £1k-£1.5k now, which is silly money for the amount of metal you're getting, and 3.0s from about £2.5k up.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

another newbie

hi im also a non owning surf member but looking to get one very soon,was offered a 1994/95 2.5 td import from a dodgy backstreet dealer but thought i would come on here to get a bit of knowledge about surfs before i bought one,i am selling my focus to finance the surf i want to buy.i would be grateful for any info given,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scotfalconer
              hi im also a non owning surf member but looking to get one very soon,was offered a 1994/95 2.5 td import from a dodgy backstreet dealer but thought i would come on here to get a bit of knowledge about surfs before i bought one,i am selling my focus to finance the surf i want to buy.i would be grateful for any info given,thanks
              Welcome onboard Jim, he must have been dodgy, the surf is a 2.4 (2440) not 2.5
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
              X