No announcement yet.

3.0td, might be returning to surfdom!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0td, might be returning to surfdom!!

Hi,

you may remember me from days of yore when i had my 2nd gen 3.0td surf. Well I decided to move on get something much faster. That was about a year ago, and now i'm thinking of coming to back to surf ownership again!!

i'm not looking to spend any money ideally! just do a swap for a my current car: A mitsubishi legnum (galant estate), 2.5v6 twin turbo 4wd. If anyone is interested and has a suitable surf for sale, please let me know so we can talk. (to give you an idea, the legnum is advertised for sale at £3300, which is a bargain

Thanks,

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

You realise that you havent even lasted 9 months? Thats the lure of Surfdom
    Heres me , getting on a bit , ( Youve seen me Martin you know the lived in face) Ive had god knows how many cars, in god knows how many different sizes and configurations, big ones, small ones, fast ones, slow ones, four wheel drives, grey ones, burgundy ones, old wrecks, newer less wrecked and yet, I obsess and fuss over this bl**dy Surf and the one before it like a boy racing chav with a corsa or saxo. Why does this happen to someone whod normally consider himself sane and rational. You thought youd walked away from Surfdom to a life of BHP and speed, but now youre being drawn back. How do they do that ??

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

I'm still after a 3.0td surf!! (though i haven't managed to sell my car yet!)

any good ones about that anyone knows of? (max of £3000)

cheers,

Martin

Comment

Surf For Sale

Hello Chap,
        Just reading your Surf plight. I have a Surf for Sale. It is a 3rd Gen 3.0TD 110,000 Miles on clock registered on an N plate. Blue over Silver. It runs like a dream. Got Tax til Oct and MOt til April. New exhaust, New rear tyres. I am only selling it because it is my second car and I do not use it enough. Quite disappointing really as I do love it. I have owned 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Surfs now. There are no known faults at all. I have fully serviced it myself within the last month Oil, Filters Air, Fuel and Oil. All the usual. It has ice cold Air con and CD Player. Condition is very nice. It has a very few minor scuffs and scratches to be expected, but the coachwork is superb, no dints. It gleams when washed and polished. I had it up n Autotrader for £3695 and it was the cheapest on there, but no interest. Think it was probably the time of year, August everyone on hols. The wife just wants it sold now as it is well surplus to requirements and I have some bills to pay. I know you said Max 3K, but if you are genuinely interested then I could be persuaded. (Cheap as it is for a 3rd gen in this condition.) But money in the bank is sometimes better as the wife keeps telling me. If you are interested drop me aline and I can email you pics r give me a bell 07940 122051 or 01827 899338. My name is Trevor and I live in Tamworth, Staffs. All the best, maybe here from you soon. Best Regards.

Comment

i have one
          i've crossed to the darkside and got a motorbike....i have a red 3.0ltr that needs a home

pm me for more details.

2500 ish is what i' after. price is always negotiable

Comment

I have one coming up for sale very soon, think I've just landed a job 60 miles away so can't afford to run Surf up & down Motorway. L reg 3.0TD fresh import last year with 116K Km on now got 122K. Somewhere around the £3k mark, shame the Mitsi isn't diesel or there would be a swap in the offering. Just the other side of the hills from you give me a PM if you're interested.

Alan...
            Last edited by Phaeton; 30 September 2007, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
              I have one coming up for sale very soon, think I've just landed a job 60 miles away so can't afford to run Surf up & down Motorway. L reg 3.0TD fresh import last year with 116K Km on now got 122K. Somewhere around the £3k mark, shame the Mitsi isn't diesel or there would be a swap in the offering. Just the other side of the hills from you give me a PM if you're interested.

Alan...
              Hi Alan!
              Do you still have the car? I have Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin 1,8 Gdi engine to swap, x-reg, 47.000 miles, will give you 35mpg on motorway.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf-wannabe
                Hi Alan!
                Do you still have the car? I have Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin 1,8 Gdi engine to swap, x-reg, 47.000 miles, will give you 35mpg on motorway.
                I do have the Surf for sale. The guy that I've been sub-contracting for, his wife has a Pinin & I've drove it a few times. I'm sorry to say I don't like the ride it's very choppy also I'm going back to a 'normal' car as 12 months Surf ownership & I've never been off road seems a waste. But it needs to go so I'm open to sensible offers of cash or trading on 'normal' diesels.

Alan...

Comment

Ok, no problem Alan. I am after a swap or p-ex. Will keep looking. Good luck with sale.

Comment

can I have my thread back please?

Comment

Sorry about that, but have a free bump, one that doesn't damage the paintwork.

Alan...

Comment

Shame I couldn't afford to run your car on my daily drive, but mine is falling in price & eBlag looks like where it's heading.

Alan...

Comment

Sold It!!!!

hey,

sold my legnum!!

so want a 3.0td surf asap for not much over £2500.

ideally something local if anyone spots one.

cheers,

martin

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                            hey,

sold my legnum!!

so want a 3.0td surf asap for not much over £2500.

ideally something local if anyone spots one.

cheers,

martin
                            I can get mine local to you tomorrow for cash

Alan...

Comment

Ive got a Surf in Warrington

Hi

I have a 'L' Reg Surf in Warrington.

3.0td ssrx, MOT till Jan 08 and Tax till Sep 08.

Just been in to Stevo in Stockport for brakes, service, belt change and various other bits, cost £950 in all. Im sure Stevo will vouch for this also.

I am on the verge of getting a new Job and the travel needs a more economical car.

It has a new sony stero fitted also. Cat 1 alarm. Has the odd bump or ding but nothing that serious.

If you have hotmail drop me a line at kpeter20@hotmail.com

I will send over a few pics if you like ?

Ideally I would like £2800 as Ive just spent a fortune on her last month!

Cheers
                              Kenny

Comment

Working...
                              X