Exhaust Back Box for 2.4 LN130 1993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Back Box for 2.4 LN130 1993

As above need a good condition back box for my surf to pass the MOT, this one has a massive hole in it!

Can anyone help????

Originally posted by mr_maj
    As above need a good condition back box for my surf to pass the MOT, this one has a massive hole in it!

Can anyone help????

www.milneroffroad.com or http://www.toyotahilux.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

A cheaper option.............Get a length of exhaust tube (with a 30 degree bend in it) that's a slightly larger diameter than the exhaust on the truck, cut off the back box, just behind it, cut two slots in the new piece of exhaust, apply a little grease to the trucks exhaust and push the the new pipe on fix with a clamp.

No need for the rear box IMHO as it's just another restriction. I got rid of mine an noticed no extra noise levels inside or outside and it passes the MOT.

Comment

thats more like it! thanks bushwacker where did you get the pipe from?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_maj
          thats more like it! thanks bushwacker where did you get the pipe from?

Vehicle breakers, I just asked if I could have a piece of exhaust off a Transit. Had to cut it off myself though, but it cost nuffink!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            A cheaper option.............Get a length of exhaust tube (with a 30 degree bend in it) that's a slightly larger diameter than the exhaust on the truck, cut off the back box, just behind it, cut two slots in the new piece of exhaust, apply a little grease to the trucks exhaust and push the the new pipe on fix with a clamp.

No need for the rear box IMHO as it's just another restriction. I got rid of mine an noticed no extra noise levels inside or outside and it passes the MOT.
            your correct bushwacker. when ive made exhausts for hilux there is absolutely no need for the rear silencer at all. we dont fit them. even with straight through systems. with the standard baffled boxes the rear silencer is a complete waste of space.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X