Surf Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Wanted

Hi all, New to this site, i am just looking at moment im after a Surf in the new year. Just looking at the pros & cons to see if it is worth it. But even though there seems to be some worries about Heads on some i think its worth having a Surf. Ive looked at a few sites on Surfs & most of the comments are great,and it seems like a great truck to own. I do a lot of camping & hope to travel over to France . Is this the car for me. Hope to hear some replies on this great car. Thanks verry mutch.
    Forgot to add its a Manual gearbox i will be after.

Originally posted by Scorp
    Hi all, New to this site, i am just looking at moment im after a Surf in the new year. Just looking at the pros & cons to see if it is worth it. But even though there seems to be some worries about Heads on some i think its worth having a Surf. Ive looked at a few sites on Surfs & most of the comments are great,and it seems like a great truck to own. I do a lot of camping & hope to travel over to France . Is this the car for me. Hope to hear some replies on this great car. Thanks verry mutch.
    Forgot to add its a Manual gearbox i will be after.
    hi and welcome you do get probs with the heads on the 2.4's but not all of them.i have had mine for 18mth and not had a problem yet.if funds allowed me at the time i would of gone for the 3.0l but i am happy with what i got.
    i think it was hilux on here that had a manual for sale but take a look thru the 4 sale section.
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18643 4 or 5 post down he has a few for sale
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks M8 i will take a look now

Comment

Did I hear someone wants a manual ????

May I suggest the Dunnomobile ?

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I have a 1990 manual surf it has a failed bottom end but i will include a short block engine

Im looking for £1100 ono

please Email me at alzi2_laidler@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by scooby80uk
            I have a 1990 manual surf it has a failed bottom end but i will include a short block engine

Im looking for £1100 ono

please Email me at alzi2_laidler@hotmail.com

Hi M8, What is a short block engine & do you have any pics of this truck.
            Sorrry for being a bit thick but im not that mutch gened up on engines.
            Last edited by Scorp; 18 December 2005, 11:25.

Comment

I have a direct replacement bottom end 2.4td 2l-t

I dont have any pics of the truck but i notice you live about 12miles away so a viewing wouldnt be a problem, The truck is metalic green with nice alloys and new tyres also bull bars

Cheers:Allan

Comment

I have a direct replacement bottom end 2.4td 2l-t

I dont have any pics of the truck but i notice you live about 12miles away so a viewing wouldnt be a problem, The truck is metalic green with nice alloys and new tyres also bull bars

Cheers:Allan

Hi , sorry for being thick again, but is the truck running or is the engine totaly gone. Also is their any Tax & Test. Thanks David.

Comment

Hi , sorry for being thick again, but is the truck running or is the engine totaly gone. Also is their any Tax & Test. Thanks David.
                  Hi

it does run but the engine is knocking like crazy hence why it have bought a new bottom end (short block) it is curently SORN but it has MOT till april, The bottom end itself is worth a few hundred pounds if you can get hold of one

Comment

Hi

it does run but the engine is knocking like crazy hence why it have bought a new bottom end (short block) it is curently SORN but it has MOT till april, The bottom end itself is worth a few hundred pounds if you can get hold of one
                    Hi Allan, I have a Rover 220 TD on a P plate would you be interested ?
                    What modle is the truck & Does it have spare on back tailgate ect. Any other features. Thanks David.

Comment

Hi Allan, I have a Rover 220 TD on a P plate would you be interested ?
                      What modle is the truck & Does it have spare on back tailgate ect. Any other features. Thanks David.

the truck is a SSR the spare wheel goes under the chassis

If you want anymore info on it you can add me to MSN alzi2_laidler@hotmail.com

full electrics,plastic wheel arches Alloys with new tyres,Tinted rear windows,wind deflectors

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        Did I hear someone wants a manual ????

May I suggest the Dunnomobile ?

Trev
                        Cheers Trev

Yep mine is still up for grabs

Tax & Mot till March, (I will be getting another ticket in Jan but the price will go up a bit!!)
                        New exhaust 2 months ago,
                        manual
                        Tow Bar
                        head replaced about 2 years ago
                        A bar
                        Thatcham Cat 2 Immobiliser
                        Sony Radio CD player

At a Mere £1995

You Can PM me or e-mail me here and you can see more info in this thread

Paul
                        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

2.4TD manual for sale

Hi Scorp I have a 2.4TD SSR-X manual 5d for sale. 1993 K reg
                          Two tone paint/ Burgandy with grey
                          92,000 Km
                          Recent Service including timing belt & water pump
                          Excellent condition all round
                          M.O.T till August & Tax till March
                          Has spare tyre on back. Looking for £2800 o.n.o will consider a part exchange.

Tel. 07725737177, or email me: tomwhelan@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Whelan
                            Hi Scorp I have a 2.4TD SSR-X manual 5d for sale. 1993 K reg
                            Two tone paint/ Burgandy with grey
                            92,000 Km
                            Recent Service including timing belt & water pump
                            Excellent condition all round
                            M.O.T till August & Tax till March
                            Has spare tyre on back. Looking for £2800 o.n.o will consider a part exchange.

Tel. 07725737177, or email me: tomwhelan@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom, Have you got any pics of the truck. Thanks M8.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

94 on a M plate
                              3.0 Td Ltd edition
                              62,000 miles
                              dark metalic blue
                              sony cd player
                              leccy sunroof and windows (yes they all work )
                              A/C
                              power steering
                              spare on rear door
                              rear spoiler with brake light built in
                              recent service and cambelt (i own my own garage mechanic 20 years)
                              5 new tyres
                              wrap around chome bull bull bar with kin great spots !
                              blue cloth interior
                              Brand new GT alarm system with total closure feature (shuts all windows and locks doors from the remote which makes it cat 1 insurance approved, have certificate)
                              11 months MOT and 3 months tax
                              all this for ............... to you .............. chance in a million ................ £3800 !!!!!
                              need the money to fund new truck

Comment

Working...
                              X