advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

bought our 2.4 ssrx jreg from a 4x4 dealership . 6 days in and the head blew big time . only done 100 miles!! anyhow - long story short and all that after 8 weeks of arguing with garage and threats of court action they agreed to fix it (we had to let them by law). they sent it to a garage down the road who say they have put in a new modified head (275 quid for the head) a water pump and thats it. firstly this seems so cheap we had to call the supplier (foreign car spares ltd) in birmingham who confirm its a new head. they reckon theres nothing else wrong with the coolant system but advise that we get the rad changed for something more substantial to prevent any reoccurance!! total bill was 998 quid which we paid 400 of just to get it sorted. had it back 3 days and its a bitch to start belching lots of black smoke in the mornings. someone help us are we being parpnoid or should we be panicking. weve had such a hard time with the dealership were running out of humour

cheers sarah
    [font=Comic Sans MS]chester[/font]

Sorry to hear of your woes, but just to add a little to your paranoia, genuine modified heads are abot twice that price.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Sorry to hear of your woes, but just to add a little to your paranoia, genuine modified heads are abot twice that price.

yeah i know already posted steveo and tony n so im really ****ed off - dont know what to do next really - do we just wait for ti to go again or what

Comment

If was my truck, I would take it back for a refund or exchange as it obviously was sold to you, and repaired in an unsatisfactory condition.
        Sale of goods act, and all that.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/fa...legoodsact.htm
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 September 2005, 12:28.

Comment

Try Trading Standards or CAB first but it sounds very much like it's not fit for the purpose. Might need to get a lawyer involved to get your money back as it sounds very much like they are ripping you off.
          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
            Try Trading Standards or CAB first but it sounds very much like it's not fit for the purpose. Might need to get a lawyer involved to get your money back as it sounds very much like they are ripping you off.
            tell me about it see 2.4 tech section under stevo i need help

Comment

hi chester
              having my head done now total job price for me was £968 total modified head the re designed one got it done at trade price as i know the guy at the garage they fetched it last saturday,started on it this monday its a total son of a b to do and fingers crossed i get it back next monday at the latest got a written warrenty for 12 months most garages wont touch the job with a barge pole but the garage i have gone to only deal in imports and only do heads hope all goes well and same as you i am sceptical of the same thing happening again
              taekwondododo

Comment

psycho heads

Originally posted by bub
                hi chester
                having my head done now total job price for me was £968 total modified head the re designed one got it done at trade price as i know the guy at the garage they fetched it last saturday,started on it this monday its a total son of a b to do and fingers crossed i get it back next monday at the latest got a written warrenty for 12 months most garages wont touch the job with a barge pole but the garage i have gone to only deal in imports and only do heads hope all goes well and same as you i am sceptical of the same thing happening again
                hi bub
                have a look in 2.4 section on forum at "head prevention " lots of advice to prevent it gouing again . i will keep my fingers crossed for you !!

Comment

cheers fingers crossed that yours will come right to
                  taekwondododo

Comment

Working...
                  X