Help with 3rd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 3rd Gen

I am currently in the market for a Surf as from what I can see and they are the best 4x4 by far. Pardon the Pun! I'm a keen angler and don't have much room in my BMW coupe for all my tackle, so it's got to go.

I have recently asked a local 4x4 dealer to locate one for me as I don't have any contacts in the trade myself. As he offered me a good price on my BMW I am inclined to trust him an he did give me some excellent pointers on what to look for while I was looking at other local competitors etc.

He has phoned me today with news of a successful find - Blue over silver 1996 (p) REG 3.0 TD SSRG. 73,000 miles.

I will inspect tommorrow and he has indicated that the original price we had discussed (£8995 for a 1996 SSRG below 70,000 miles) can be discounted somewhat.

Can anyone on here give me some indication of what price that I should expect to pay for this vehicle from a trader. It will come with a comprehensive 6 month warranty.

Thanks in advance
    [COLOR=Orange][Size=4] I dropped in super l

Originally posted by Surfer++Dude
    I am currently in the market for a Surf as from what I can see and they are the best 4x4 by far. Pardon the Pun! I'm a keen angler and don't have much room in my BMW coupe for all my tackle, so it's got to go.

I have recently asked a local 4x4 dealer to locate one for me as I don't have any contacts in the trade myself. As he offered me a good price on my BMW I am inclined to trust him an he did give me some excellent pointers on what to look for while I was looking at other local competitors etc.

He has phoned me today with news of a successful find - Blue over silver 1996 (p) REG 3.0 TD SSRG. 73,000 miles.

I will inspect tommorrow and he has indicated that the original price we had discussed (£8995 for a 1996 SSRG below 70,000 miles) can be discounted somewhat.

Can anyone on here give me some indication of what price that I should expect to pay for this vehicle from a trader. It will come with a comprehensive 6 month warranty.

Thanks in advance
    Howdy,

the guy in the garage is in it for the money. There is a geezer on ebay from Southport who goes by the user name of Spoon456 who sells nothing but Surfs and recently sold a 1996 SSRX with 80K on the clock in imaculate condition for £5990. So check him out first. He gives his mobile number on the site so you can speak to him direct. About the warranty, the guy from the garage will pay about £130 for that and add £500 on the bill to you. I recently bought a blue over silver SSRX 96 P-plate form a trader with 80K on the clock and paid £6500. You can expect to pay a littl bit more for an SSRG though. Good Luck looking anyway.
    Dave

Comment

£8995 is far to much i have just bought a 96 p ssrg intercooler version immaculate with sunroof 52k and every extra going for £7600 from dealer with warranty 6 months tax etc if you buy privately you would buy it for £7000 sell the bmw then screw dealer down times are hard fuel price is becoming an issue for everybody p.s surf is fantastic and wont be going back to citroen berlingo

Comment

Originally posted by nottyhorror
        £8995 is far to much i have just bought a 96 p ssrg intercooler version immaculate with sunroof 52k and every extra going for £7600 from dealer with warranty 6 months tax etc if you buy privately you would buy it for £7000 sell the bmw then screw dealer down times are hard fuel price is becoming an issue for everybody p.s surf is fantastic and wont be going back to citroen berlingo
        what dealer did you try?
        hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
          what dealer did you try?
          charlesworth at castle donnington selling mark 3 ssrg with intercooler 78k for £6995 bearing in mind they always add £500 on this soon comes off during haggling seem to sell only mark 3 inteercooler versions and only top spec motors they are always advertising on autotrader web site

Comment

charlesworth at castle donnington selling mark 3 ssrg with intercooler 78k for £6995 bearing in mind they always add £500 on this soon comes off during haggling seem to sell only mark 3 inteercooler versions and only top spec motors they are always advertising on autotrader web site
            do you have a link to their website mate?
            hi dudes

Comment

Internet search found this. http://www.charlesworths.co.uk/about.asp

Comment

cheers mate, wonder if they would take my 2001 x reg impreza turbo px
                hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
                  cheers mate, wonder if they would take my 2001 x reg impreza turbo px
                  just looked at there website if you look at auto trader website price seems to be cheeper than on home site i had my truck serviced and cam belt changed as part of the deal as any dealer worth there salt would do .Also my stereo broke and they replaced it and my exhaust started to blow and they changed that as well and lent me a nissan navara for two days while they sorted out problems,watch out for traders just buying from auctions and moving on they no nothing about product have no facilities and you try and take it back and complain, Anyway happy hunting only had surf for a month but i am really pleased with performance and driving is a real pleasure i am arriving at work more relaxed and next month i am hopefully having cruise control fitted and this should make it an even better driving experience cheers paul

Comment

just looked at there website if you look at auto trader website price seems to be cheeper than on home site i had my truck serviced and cam belt changed as part of the deal as any dealer worth there salt would do .Also my stereo broke and they replaced it and my exhaust started to blow and they changed that as well and lent me a nissan navara for two days while they sorted out problems,watch out for traders just buying from auctions and moving on they no nothing about product have no facilities and you try and take it back and complain, Anyway happy hunting only had surf for a month but i am really pleased with performance and driving is a real pleasure i am arriving at work more relaxed and next month i am hopefully having cruise control fitted and this should make it an even better driving experience cheers paul
                    Wot av u bin quoted for ur cc?? N plz can you provide link or summit so i can make some enquiries ta. shoot the B??????

Comment

Working...
                    X