yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my heater matrix is packing up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my heater matrix is packing up!!

does anybody know the signs for the heater matrix going. i don't seem to be loosing much water but the carpet is getting damp and the heater doesn't clear the screen properly. it is a 2.4 auto 92 ssr-x model 2nd gen.if people think the same as me does anybody have one and now much? any help would be much appricated as dealers want £300 and i can't get a pattern part.
    thanks
    dave

Originally posted by DAVE LEE
    does anybody know the signs for the heater matrix going. i don't seem to be loosing much water but the carpet is getting damp and the heater doesn't clear the screen properly. it is a 2.4 auto 92 ssr-x model 2nd gen.if people think the same as me does anybody have one and now much? any help would be much appricated as dealers want £300 and i can't get a pattern part.
    thanks
    dave
    Usual signs of a leaking matrix is a smell of curry , which is hot antifreeze . Also damp carpets and non clearing screen , like you said . Remove the matrix and get a local rad repairer to rebuild for you . Average cost of rebuild is £70 - 90 .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks for that. all signs seem to be right and curry smell rings a very big bell. a work mate has just told me about sealit. he reckons it,s mint. he is a fully trained mecanic and says it works fine and it,s not a bodge!! is he right or does he feel sorry for me cos i,m skint? £70-90 sounds fine to me thought. is it a easy job to remove the matrix
      cheers
      dave

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Remove the matrix and get a local rad repairer to rebuild for you . Average cost of rebuild is £70 - 90 .
        hehe, Rick you're cruel, remove the matrix he says, like its normally that easy!!!

Most of the dash will have to come out, its not hard, just time consuming with a big pile of bits!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          hehe, Rick you're cruel, remove the matrix he says, like its normally that easy!!!

Most of the dash will have to come out, its not hard, just time consuming with a big pile of bits!
          Yeah , on my Lotus you remove rear parcel shelf , rear seats , centre consol , front seats for better access/room , steering wheel , dash , some wiring loom , engine rocker cover , servo pipe , rear carb . Then you might see ithe heater .
          Yeah , not hard on a Surf .

Anyway , if its got to be changed new or recon , its got to come out .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Anyway , if its got to be changed new or recon , its got to come out .Or bypass it and fit a diesel heater like they have on the trucks and camper vans.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

matrix

Hi never mind most of the dash has to come out, all of it has to come out and you will proberly have to let your "AIR/CON" go as well. Make sure it is the "Matrix" before you do anything.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
              X