Gen 3 Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 3 Surf

I am looking for a set of rear heater supply pipes that run along the offside chassis leg.Can anyone help pls.

They all rot out. I got a 3rd gen breaker here but they will be as rotton as the ones you got.
    When they burst (and did burst !!) on my 3rd gen I replaced them with rubber ones. The metal ones are a sod to get out and had to bend/break them out. Replacing them with suitable rubber ones is easier and just as good if not better.
    I just lost a sale but trust me, replace with rubber ones.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thank you mate, top tip will get the overalls out over the weekend.Also looking for nsr wind deflector?.

Comment

Should have that, will check condition for you.

By the way if you get the rubber coolant pipe for rear heater you will need 2 serrated pipe joiners to go onto the rear rubber pipes under the vehicle where the metal ones used to join them, otherwise you got to remove centre consol and half interior to get to the rear heater unit.
        Last edited by Vagrant No2; 23 March 2016, 16:56.

Comment

Pic of nsr wind deflector. Email me rickandtam@btinternet.com if you still require it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you v much for replying.Have sent e-mail.

Comment

Paul, you can also replace those heater pipes with copper pipe from a plumber's merchant. Mine cost about £15.

There is a thread on it here:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/archive/i...p/t-66518.html
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

This link has the pics:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66518
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Replacing those pipes with copper is an easy option but please Google galvanic corrosion before you do it.
                  If all you want to do is replace the metal pipes with other metal pipes for abrasion resistance and not longevity, then fine but if the vehicle is a keeper, ask yourself why did Toyota not use copper in the first place?
                  You'd be amazed at how quickly different metals rot each other out in the presence of water.

Comment

Mine have rotted out - what rubber piping would you suggest using, and can you suggest a seller for it?
                    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

it will be available on ebay. Just punch in Heater hose, and select the size

Comment

I used silicon pipe on mine 5 metres only just does it though! ebay about£6 if memory serves
                        Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Working...
                        X