Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber intake hose, 2nd Gen 3lt TD

Hi all

Am after the flexible rubber intake hose that goes from the air filter housing across to the intake on top of the engine, mine's split.

Cheers
    Owen

This any help ....
    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/catalogs...ir+intake+hose

14+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks dude, did spot that but was hoping I'd find a cheaper second hand one!

Thanks though,
      Owen

Comment

Trouble is a 2nd hand one will not last as long as a new one as it will have been thorough the same amount of vibration etc as the one that split.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Aye, should really cough up the £35 for a new one really, just thought I'd check in case there was a perfectly decent second hand one which looked a long way from splitting available.

Owen

Comment

Check Febest.
            I bought mine (for a 3rd gen) directly from a Febest dealer in Estonia, and paid £13 for it delivered.
            I know that the price has risen by about a tenner but they're definitely available through the same guy on Amazon of all places.

Comment

Thanks chap. Unfortunately they don't seem to stock any for the Gen 2, and Roughtrax (and Milners) don't appear to have any listed now!?

Shouldn't be this difficult surely!

Owen

Comment

Have opted for the blue silicone. Don't like the way it looks but is half the price of an original rubber one apparently, and for a pretty basic function I'll take it.

I've heard stories of them becoming brittle over time though, hocum?

Owen

Comment

Hi,

The original 'ribbed' one is meant to allow a degree of lateral movement and vibration while I understand the silicone one is solid. There was a thread on here where the silicone intake was blamed for the airbox being shaken off its mountings, or something like that. I wanted to get a silicone one myself some time ago but then decided to repair the existing one with Pratley 'liquid rubber' type epoxy.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah the silicone one is advertised as being flexible, but I guess only time will tell. Thanks for the recommendation on the rubber epoxy, will fix the old one with that and keep the blue one as a spare if it goes again.

Owen

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
                      Hi,

The original 'ribbed' one is meant to allow a degree of lateral movement and vibration while I understand the silicone one is solid. There was a thread on here where the silicone intake was blamed for the airbox being shaken off its mountings, or something like that. I wanted to get a silicone one myself some time ago but then decided to repair the existing one with Pratley 'liquid rubber' type epoxy.

Cheers
                      To true .........
                      replaced mine with silicon tube and right enough filter air box securing mount fractured😠

Comment

Working...
                      X