yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

+2" shocks, mud tyres on wheels. Maybe snorkel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +2" shocks, mud tyres on wheels. Maybe snorkel?

Hi all, me and the mrs are going on our first off road trip/camping holiday to Salisbury plain but I want to make sure the surf is up to it.. It's a '94 3.0td I think it has either land cruiser or uprated springs on the rear as I think it's around 2" taller than a stock one at the back but incredibly stiff.. I think the shocks are standard.. Not a nice ride. Currently on a/t's that are ok but I know are not good enough in the mud (first time off road, got stuck and recovered by my friends vitara)..

I'm looking for a set of mud tyres, preferably on wheels but may take without, standard size (265/70/15) or slightly taller, not sure how much bigger it can have with only +2"?

A set of shocks +2" all round.

A diff drop kit (or any help finding someone in the know about them)

I would also like most of an exhaust and a snorkel but we have a limited budget owing to the impending babysitting expenditure for our trip.

Thanks
    Peace Out, Mud In.

Hi aSlima, this is a really good site for any research you need to do.
    If you want to lift the front by 2" look up "torsion bars", these you need to wind up for a little lift at the front.
    I use 31" cooper stt tyres, not crazy big but capable.
    Snorkel.. No point unless you've put breathers on your diffs..
    Roughtrax or Milners are the two most popular dealers of Jap 4x4 parts in the UK.
    It's probably best to ask specific questions after doing a little research on the forum. Best of luck

Comment

I've just seen your pictures - nice and tidy looking. Was that a picture of the the hilux stuck? Was it in 4wd? I managed to get one nicely wedged on a tree stump once in the middle of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Malleenos View Post
        Hi aSlima, this is a really good site for any research you need to do.
        If you want to lift the front by 2" look up "torsion bars", these you need to wind up for a little lift at the front.
        I use 31" cooper stt tyres, not crazy big but capable.
        Snorkel.. No point unless you've put breathers on your diffs..
        Roughtrax or Milners are the two most popular dealers of Jap 4x4 parts in the UK.
        It's probably best to ask specific questions after doing a little research on the forum. Best of luck
        Thanks very much, I've looked into the torsion bars, as it's only done 110k in km's and 59k in miles, I'm willing to wind it up on the standard ones.. I do really want to get proper shocks for it all round and a diff drop bracket...

As for breathers.... I should probably change my diff oil... I drove through my local ford at speed after a days mudding...

Thanks again.
        Peace Out, Mud In.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Malleenos View Post
          I've just seen your pictures - nice and tidy looking. Was that a picture of the the hilux stuck? Was it in 4wd? I managed to get one nicely wedged on a tree stump once in the middle of nowhere

It wasn't stuck there, I'd stopped to help my friend bounce his one out and thought it looked quite cool.. I think I've got one of it stuck somewhere though
          Peace Out, Mud In.

Comment

Working...
          X