1st Gen - general parts query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Gen - general parts query

I've just picked up a 2lt diesel LN@61 as I've only had a 3rd gen ssr-g before, I felt I needed to start with the basics) and in discussion with Roughtrax about which part numbers I need for a few things and haven't come up trumps so far.

Anyone else recommend an good national breakers that may have them or access to a parts catalogue?

At the moment all I need to do for m.o.t. is rebuild the steering box, when I find the right seal kit and change a few bulbs and lenses.

Look forward to any advice - also on davetyrie@gmail.com

Based in Hampshire

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers,

Almost all parts from the MK2 Hilux fit the 1st Gen engine and running gear wise. Interior from front seats forward is the same or interchangable.
    The steering rods are slightly bigger on the Surf then the pick up but the steering box should be the same.
    My local Toyota dealer can get 90% + of my 1st Gen parts with no problems.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

That's great to know. I have a toyota dealer next to my work and tehy can get a few cosmetic parts like indicator lenses etc. but steering was a no way to them!

I'll take another look at Roughtrax.

Steering box seal kit from gen 2 will do the trick then?

Many thanks,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by thestoredt View Post
        That's great to know. I have a toyota dealer next to my work and tehy can get a few cosmetic parts like indicator lenses etc. but steering was a no way to them!

I'll take another look at Roughtrax.

Steering box seal kit from gen 2 will do the trick then?

Many thanks,

Dave
        If your Toyota dealer can not get steering parts he is not trying.
        Get the part no. off the steering box and they should be able to source the parts that way.
        If not try another Toyota dealer , the chassis no. should get any part you need from Toyota unless it is not longer available.
        Mk2 pick up , not gen2 as that refers to Surfs/4Runners.

Comment

I just seen your Surf is a 1988 so should have IFS front suspension . In that case you may find 2nd gen Surf steering box is the same. As the earlier Surf/4Runners have leaf spring front and rear suspension and the steering is completely different set up.

Comment

It is IFS so a gen 2 looks identical.

Cheers,

Comment

A second gen steering box fits BUT you will need to shorten the steering shaft ....... By about 20 mm

http://daemon4x4.org/board/topic.php?id=3202
              Last edited by BioHazard; 23 August 2014, 23:37.
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
              X