2,4 block wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2,4 block wanted

Hi. I've swapped the head, turbo, injectors and glow plugs and the engine is running well, but the amount of blow out of the crankcase breather is not good. I've fitted a catch tank, this fills in less than 100 miles. This tells me the rings or bores are shot,
    Has anyone got a spare 2.4 block kicking around, either known to be good or suitable for refurbishment? I can collect, located near Sheffield.
    Thanks
    Neil

got one, but too far from you
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeilyDone View Post
      Hi. I've swapped the head, turbo, injectors and glow plugs and the engine is running well, but the amount of blow out of the crankcase breather is not good. I've fitted a catch tank, this fills in less than 100 miles. This tells me the rings or bores are shot,
      Has anyone got a spare 2.4 block kicking around, either known to be good or suitable for refurbishment? I can collect, located near Sheffield.
      Thanks
      Neil
      New built up head?
      How big is the catch can?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Got one as well but I'm probably to far from you, just outside of Morpeth in Northumberland

Comment

It's a Roughtrax assembled head, it's unlikely to be the valveguides. The catch tank is small, about 65mm square x 120mm deep. At least it's not going back into the inlet manifold.

Morpeth is but a stone's throw, a nice day out. What condition is the block and how much would you like for it?

Neil

Comment

The block still has the original sump and pistons in it, there is some detonation damage to the top, around the piston pots. It might be repairable, I'm no expert, I only have it as I replaced my engine last year. It's been stood outside for a while undercover, I'll take some pics of it tomorrow when I get in (I'm at a car show in Corbridge) and post them so you can see the damage. If it looks repairable, it's yours, no charge, just come and get it.

Comment

You can see the extent of the damage in the attached pic, this is the rim of one of the piston pots, doesn't look repairable to me, but, if you can use it, it's yours
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it looks worse than mine, probably need a monster grind out. I've spoken to the company who can recondition my engine, they reckon around three days, so that's just a week plus two weekends getting oily.
                Thanks for the offer. If my engine is beyond repair, I'll be in touch.
                Neil

Comment

No problem, just let me know. Thanks

Comment

got a block still in the truck waiting to come out. if you still needing one.

Comment

Working...
                    X