1995 3rd gen fuel filter housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 3rd gen fuel filter housing

Does anyone have one as in the pic below. Mine has been bypassed by previous owner with the little thing in front of it and looking to put things back to normal. Suspect the original one is faulty and this is why bypassed.
    I know nothing about fuel filters but my neighbour doesn't think what it's bypassed with is a diesel filter!
    Thanks in advance.

Yes thats the filter, the part on the top of it is the fuel primer. It's used to draw fuel up from the tank to prime the fuel pump.
    The small black item at the end of that blue fuel hose looks like an electric 'lift' pump.

I have a couple of the primers, the part that you need, but I won't be able to send them for a few days, we're snowed in!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Yes thats the filter, the part on the top of it is the fuel primer. It's used to draw fuel up from the tank to prime the fuel pump.
      The small black item at the end of that blue fuel hose looks like an electric 'lift' pump.

I have a couple of the primers, the part that you need, but I won't be able to send them for a few days, we're snowed in!
      Brillant, thank Bushwhacker. You'll be right about the lift pump as well as my neighbour said something similar. How much and do you take paypal? Surf runs great on current set up so timescales not a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X