No announcement yet.

Underslung wheel carrier wanted - swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underslung wheel carrier wanted - swap?

looking to moive my rear mounted spare wheel under the car to make it easier to get the dog in and out of the surf. Would like to swap with someone wanting to move their spare wheel to the back of the surf! Alternatively - would be interested to just buy the gear needed to mount the spare underneath. Any help / advice appreciated as usual.

Originally posted by snake
    looking to moive my rear mounted spare wheel under the car to make it easier to get the dog in and out of the surf. Would like to swap with someone wanting to move their spare wheel to the back of the surf! Alternatively - would be interested to just buy the gear needed to mount the spare underneath. Any help / advice appreciated as usual.
    i can't use mine any more because of my body lift.. make me an offer for it?
    it's a 3rd gen but i can't imagine much difference? what's yours? late 2nd or early 3rd?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

mine is a 1995 - late I guess.
      not sure what it consists of! - is it a few brackets with a central mount?
      if you have any dimensions - I could measure the truck.
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by snake
        mine is a 1995 - late I guess.
        not sure what it consists of! - is it a few brackets with a central mount?
        if you have any dimensions - I could measure the truck.
        thanks
        yeah, ok... i'll do it tomorrow if i'm home... it's absically just a wire with a bracket for the tyre which is bolted to the bottom of the car and a reciever for the jack handle to wind it up and down... think it's only 3 bolts which should have some blank holes for in your boot floor?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

many thanks - I noticed that your aviatar contains a picture of a beetle! Must be something about Bug owners or Surf owners. I have an early beetle with a 200hp motor in the back - not much good off road though.

Comment

Working...
          X