Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen steering wheel

Hi all,

Anyone got a cheap steering wheel available? Just need anything with a working horn button to stick on for my MOT.

Mine is aftermarket and the horn is broken but I don't want to spend a load of money on a nice new wheel just yet.

Cheers.

buy a cheap flick switch - itll cost less than posting a steering wheel

Comment

Hi Gary,

I was going to but I'm too busy (lazy) to run a new wire (take the dash off) just for this purpose when I will eventually stump up the cash for (be able to afford) a nice new wheel.

For the sake of 20-30 quid and 10 minutes I can get the thing through its MOT and spend the time and money I have available on more pressing matters!

Cheers.

Comment

You're three days too late James, I've just thrown out two Surf steering wheels!
        Is the truck sorted now?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          You're three days too late James, I've just thrown out two Surf steering wheels!
          Is the truck sorted now?
          Damn! I was trying to find the horn button for my wheel to wedge it in with some tape for now but it appears to have gone AWOL!

I've not had chance to get it MOT-ed yet unfortunately, so that has now lapsed. A combination of terrible weather and busy weekends has left it languishing outside my house for the last few weeks.

It starts, runs and drives without any major problems but I do need to replace the radiator if I'm going to use it every day again, which is the plan. I've got the bits on order that I think should get me a pass and hopefully I'll get chance to fit them this weekend.

Don't suppose you're up for some fab-and-fit work one weekend if I make a road trip with all the necessary parts?

I've got to get the front off and measure up to find a rad that will be a close fit, but I'll need brackets to hold the thing and potentially inlet / outlet relocation. I'm thinking all new hoses / temp sensor / fan controller at the same time.

Comment

I have a stock blue one if you still want one.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              I have a stock blue one if you still want one.
              Anything that fits and has a working push-to-make switch will do me mate!

Just spoke to you on the phone anyway so looks like I'm sorted...

Comment

Just arrived now Tony, cheers!

Comment

Anyone else got a nice stock boring wheel for a 2nd gen? Must be reasonably cheap, I've been banned from spending any more on the truck.

Mine came with a woodern one and I just can't gel with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post
                    Don't suppose you're up for some fab-and-fit work one weekend if I make a road trip with all the necessary parts?
                    Yes, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
                      Anyone else got a nice stock boring wheel for a 2nd gen? Must be reasonably cheap, I've been banned from spending any more on the truck.

Mine came with a woodern one and I just can't gel with it.
                      Any pictures? I might be up for swapping this one in a few weeks.

Call me weird if you like but mine has had a wooden wheel so long it won't feel right without one!

Vince: that's great news, I'll get everything in order and give you a bell. Still a lot to get ready first so it won't be next week or anything!

Comment

Working...
                      X