Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - 2LTE 2.4TD

Hi guys,

After a long battle of replacing nearly everything on my K reg surf it turns out the head gasket is gone sadly. As I can't afford to eat anything other than tesco value super noodles at the moment I'm looking for the cheapest possible way to sort this.

My options seem to be skim the head (I don't want to do this due to the labour cost and I don't know what else could be wrong with the engine now)

Replace the engine, hopefully I can find a cheap 2LTE? I have a friend of a friend in a garage that could hopefully just swap them for me.

Or sell my poor surf on. Body work is all fine. Replaced the fuel pump, new timing belt and water pump and fuel lines in the engine if it's being broken.

Any thoughts and help would be awesome!

If you can't affotd to fix it properly (new head), you'd be as well selling it.

There is no 'cheap' road.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I don't mind replacing the head but thought it might be faster swapping the engine rather than taking everything off to make it level...

Comment

Most likelt to be plenty of cheap engines around, BUT you won't know what condition it is in until all the hard work is done.

IMHO repair what you have and that way you know it will work

Comment

Thanks guys,

Best place to buy a new head for it?

Comment

Roughtrax or Steveo.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by DELTA DELTA View Post
              I don't mind replacing the head but thought it might be faster swapping the engine rather than taking everything off to make it level...
              Its not. The 2LT/E motor is a fiddly bugger to change, especially the Autos, I'd much rather just do the head.

Like you said, you've done everything else, its a waste to throw the towel in now, you'll still need to buy another car/truck, and won't get much for it with a duff head no matter how nice the rest of the truck is.

I've never seen a duff block yet, even with significant damage to tops of bores if its been left with a cracked head for years they all work fine once the head is replaced, as long as its done with care and done properly.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X