K reg 2.4 diesel fuel injector pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K reg 2.4 diesel fuel injector pump

If anyone in the world can help its the good people in this forum.

Currently a poor student and have just been told I need a fuel injector pump for my surf that I've had for a whole 8 weeks. Love it to bits.

Can anyone help me out? Preferably much cheapness?

Cheers

DD

I would consider what Vince (Bushwhacker) Has said about air ingress, If the truck was running fine BEFORE the original filter housing was reinstated then it stands to reason the filter head/priming pump is knackered and wants replacing..
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Garage think they have tested everything. Is it worth my while just trying to replace the primer first anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by DELTA DELTA View Post
        Garage think they have tested everything. Is it worth my while just trying to replace the primer first anyway?
        Would save you a lot of money if you'd just listen to FREE advice before randomly buying parts and not relying on some guesswork by a 'mechanic' who will be presenting you with a hefty bill. You do claim to be a poor student after all.
        Can you confirm they they've by-passed the fuel primer to see if it cures the problem?
        If it does, pay them for their time and fit a replacement primer yourself, you only need a 12mm spanner and screwdriver.

Comment

Didn't mean any disrespect. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

I specifically asked them to try that but I wasn't physically present at the time so I suppose all I have is their word.

I am off tomorrow and can go try it myself.

Best thing to connect the hoses together with?

Thanks again

D

Comment

Originally posted by DELTA DELTA View Post
            Didn't mean any disrespect. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

I specifically asked them to try that but I wasn't physically present at the time so I suppose all I have is their word.

I am off tomorrow and can go try it myself.

Best thing to connect the hoses together with?

Thanks again

D

You'll need a short length of pipe/tube 8mm in diameter.

Comment

Working...
            X