transfer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer case

has anyone got a VF1A transfer case - its the chain drive 5 bolt rear case unit with a top shift. its a manual case without all the surf electric shift gubbins.

heres a pic to identify it if it helps
    Attached Files

Gary , can you post a pic of the other side of the transfer case ie gearbox mounting side . I may have one in the cellar.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

this is the best i could find on the int - should be clear enough

if it has a 5 bolt casing on the rear output it is a chain drive manual case. obviously without the surf type electrics.

if its a gear driven case it will have 7 bolts.
      Attached Files

Comment

IIRC, they're fitted to manual gearbox (R150) pick-ups and 4Runners. (1st & 2nd gen)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          IIRC, they're fitted to manual gearbox (R150) pick-ups and 4Runners. (1st & 2nd gen)
          they are also fitted to auto boxes - the input shaft has a different spline count on both types - 23 manual or 26 auto. dont mind which one it is as i have shafts here from the first experiment

its for me winter project - manual shift lexurf :grin2 on the back of an auto box

Comment

That sounds very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Both the ones I got are 7 bolt type from 1st gen 4Runners . Not seen a 5 bolt on a 1st gen .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

thanks for looking - looks like its the usa again, the place that sorted out my diff parts have them but the post is a bit dearer

5 bolt chain t/cases don't seem very common in the uk - they all seem to be geared cases

Comment

Working...
                X