New owner needs some bits and pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner needs some bits and pieces

Hi..Im a new owner of a 3 litre deisel surf.. great vehicle. However the dealer we bought from made some promises he has since broken to supply some bits missing at the time of sale.I need the following...rear ashtray..cigar lighter...rear wiper blade...front wheel arch sections [leading edge] ...rear storage compartment covers and rear window mechanism.Im annoyed to say the least as we have been given the runaround now for a month.He had the car for a week and did nothing except lose the CD player!!Needless to say it has not been replaced.Where can I get the missing bits??? Oh yes also a small trim clip that fits on the driver door trim at the top near the front.Help..anyone..Thanks Tony..

Thats no good id name & shame him. Go back & tell him SORT IT OUT NOW OR ELSE
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

There's no way you should be finding and paying for these items yourself, as Marky says name and shame the dealer, if he made promises, make him keep them!
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by porker
        Hi..Im a new owner of a 3 litre deisel surf.. great vehicle. However the dealer we bought from made some promises he has since broken to supply some bits missing at the time of sale.I need the following...rear ashtray..cigar lighter...rear wiper blade...front wheel arch sections [leading edge] ...rear storage compartment covers and rear window mechanism.Im annoyed to say the least as we have been given the runaround now for a month.He had the car for a week and did nothing except lose the CD player!!Needless to say it has not been replaced.Where can I get the missing bits??? Oh yes also a small trim clip that fits on the driver door trim at the top near the front.Help..anyone..Thanks Tony..

Oh no - another Tony - this could get confusing!!

Ciggy lighter - £5 from Halfords.
        Rear wiper - car spares shop or Halford - standard fitting will work.
        Rear window mechanism - Milners offroad http://www.milnerconv.co.uk/ or breakers
        Other bits - could probably get from Toyota (but will be pricey) otherwise a breakers or the forum!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, thats no good, give CAB or Trading standards a ring or threaten him with them at least. You paid for a motor not part of one, that Surf is not of merchantable quality, thats the law.
          Get him to sort it first then name and shame him on here.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Thanks guys..I dont think naming the person will do any good as he is now out of business..just my luck..looks like I need to bite the bullit.good news is the car has very low miles and is in very good condition.Can anyone recommend a Toyota 4x4 breaker. Also where is best place to buy a good second hand A bar ?..
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X