wiper arms needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiper arms needed

I am in need of both front wiper arms for my 3rd gen if anyone can help????
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Bump!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
      why dont you just buy them from a local motor factors?
      Bugger!!!!
      I should have done a bit more cross referencing before posting
      I was under the impression that the arms were different from a 4runner to a 3rd gen, I have just been looking and found they are the same. Do i feel a pratt now
      Cheers thrifty for pointing that out mate i should have known....

Comment

Lidl have got some in at the mo, not the whole arm tho just the top bit with the blade on it

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
          Lidl have got some in at the mo, not the whole arm tho just the top bit with the blade on it
          Definitely need the arms as mine have lost spring tension so it's not clearing the screen effectively, It's quite dangerous when it's heavy rain especially at night.....

Comment

roughtrax sell the wipers and arms

Comment

Originally posted by SRI_GAZ View Post
              roughtrax sell the wipers and arms
              I have seen them and by the time i've got both arms and two blades plus postage it's ###### expensive it works out at just about £100 for the pair and money is very tight. When finances improve somewhat i will invest in them but, at the moment i just can't justify the expense, I will try some s/h ones from breaker until then..

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                I have seen them and by the time i've got both arms and two blades plus postage it's ###### expensive it works out at just about £100 for the pair and money is very tight. When finances improve somewhat i will invest in them but, at the moment i just can't justify the expense, I will try some s/h ones from breaker until then..
                fair do's i never really looked at price just noticed they sold them

however going on your original post

if the arms are ok and its just the spring that is the problem

Maybe worth pulling one of springs off and trip to scrap yard and find car with same size springs in the wiper arms

As can't see 3rd gen surf being that common in scrap yard, but dunno if earlier surf's use the same arms or likes of landcruiser/ colarado etc

also think it lord luncan on here is breaking 3rd gen atm, maybe worth seeing if he still got the arms
                Last edited by SRI_GAZ; 6 September 2011, 14:10.

Comment

I have often wondered if you couldn't just fit the arms (provided they are of similar shape and size) from any other suitable vehicle from the scrappers? Mine work but have rust on them.

1st rule of 3rd gen ownership: We do not talk about grot.

etc.
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Cheers guys i have managed to bodge them for the time being but they will need to be replaced asap but i'll just keep my eyes open for a good set.

Comment

Working...
                    X