Oil filler cap needed ugrent!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filler cap needed ugrent!!

Truck wouldn't start this morning, so swapped the batteries, while the lid was up I noticed the oil filler cap has wandered off.. Yess I am an idiot, and yes I need one a bit quick... Anyone help? It's for a 3ltr..
    Last edited by Chillitt; 22 January 2011, 11:33.
    it's in me shed, mate.

I have a 2.4 cap here if thats any good, I can post it in the next half hour as I need to go out and buy a new angle grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I have a 2.4 cap here if thats any good, I can post it in the next half hour as I need to go out and buy a new angle grinder.
      I 'think' they are the same... Bless you sir!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        I 'think' they are the same... Bless you sir!

Yep, I just checked. They're the same as the Lexus caps too!

Comment

Yep, I just checked. They're the same as the Lexus caps too!
          Nice. You may have just saved my life. Well, saved me from all sorts of grief anyway...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            Nice. You may have just saved my life. Well, saved me from all sorts of grief anyway...

If you need to use the truck, you can cover the hole with polythene and a jubilee clip around the neck.

Comment

If you need to use the truck, you can cover the hole with polythene and a jubilee clip around the neck.
              Where have you hidden the webcam then?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hehehe!!

I've popped the cap into a jiffy bag, the cap has one of the lugs missing from around the edge, (the bits you grasp when turning it) but it still functions as a 710 cap.

Comment

hehehe!!

I've popped the cap into a jiffy bag, the cap has one of the lugs missing from around the edge, (the bits you grasp when turning it) but it still functions as a 710 cap.
                  As long as it stops we waterproofing the underside of my bonnet, thats perfect.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Got it today, cheers that man.Here's an interesting thing... There are 2 sizes of 710 cap...Doh!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

So it doesn't fit?

I paid for 1st class @9am Monday morning and it only got there today????
                      Words fail!

Comment

So it doesn't fit?

I paid for 1st class @9am Monday morning and it only got there today????
                        Words fail!
                        they are doing 'An Experiment' at out local sorting office. this involves them delivering all the post that has been left at said sorting office for the last 3 months.. It's not going well.. I am amazed it got delivered that quickly TBH..
                        Just tried it in the dark and it seems to just drop right in. (thats never happened before) I'll have a proper look in daylight..
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                        X