Not sure what it's called???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what it's called???

It's like a strengthening / safety bar that ribs along the front of the vehicle underneath the car? It's missing on my truck can see the bolt holes where it should be though but will need this part pretty soon so any breakers out there please help.

Is yours a 2nd gen rach (i can't remember) i take it its the crossmember under the front diff that you need.If its for a 2nd gen i should have one
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Anti rollbar?

Comment

think its a cetral cross member and its removable to allow you to get the gearbox out there are 4 bolts. We need the bolts or at least one bolt so we can get more, and the crossmember for a 3rd gen. Not sure why it is missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rachy View Post
          think its a cetral cross member and its removable to allow you to get the gearbox out there are 4 bolts. We need the bolts or at least one bolt so we can get more, and the crossmember for a 3rd gen. Not sure why it is missing?

When you're not sure it's a good idea to post photos of your truck so people know what you're talking about...

ie: you seem to be saying that the gearbox crossmember is missing but I can't believe that so am guessing something else.....

Comment

she is, the crossmemer behind the T/case unbolts, so you can get the T/case out.

Not many 3rd Gens being broken, you may need to go to toyota. but try a LandCruiser forum to, its the same part on a LWB Colorado.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              she is, the crossmemer behind the T/case unbolts, so you can get the T/case out.

Not many 3rd Gens being broken, you may need to go to toyota. but try a LandCruiser forum to, its the same part on a LWB Colorado.

Fair enough. I believe Lord Lucan is breaking a 3rd gen, but not sure how much of it is left.

Cheers,
              Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                When you're not sure it's a good idea to post photos of your truck so people know what you're talking about...

ie: you seem to be saying that the gearbox crossmember is missing but I can't believe that so am guessing something else.....
                sorry dont know how to post pics and the truck is still with stevo get it back tomorrow so will take some pics if i can get enough light on it...but from what hubby tells me and toyota its the crossmember that allows access to the transfer box and this is what is foooked on my car so obviously someone has tried to fix and forgotten to replace it and sold it on as can only get 2WD.
                Tony N I need you x

Comment

Working...
                X