• Show
Clear All

• 3rd GEN TOWBAR

Info required for a new member. Where from & how much
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

3rd gen towbar

I've just bought a towbar for my 1997 Surf from Towequipe who often appear on e-bay. Web address www.towequipe.co.uk
    My Surf has the door mounted spare wheel and the bar that I got was part number TT882. I also ordered a stainless steel bumper protector and twin electrics with relays etc.
    Total cost including delivery was £110.
    I had a problem in that the instructions refer to a captive nut on the chassis - all I had was a hole. I phoned Towequipe at 4.45pm on a Saturday afternoon and got through to their helpline immediately. The guy said that the bar was originally designed for the Landcruiser and that they had experienced a few niggles with the Surfs sometimes being different. He asked me to e-mail him a pic of the problem. On Monday he phoned with a solution and I received the modification today.
    I found Towequipe staff to be very pleasant and helpful and would recommend them and their product.
    If you decide to order, just check under your Surf and see if the holes in the chassis have captive nuts or not. The two nearest the back should be captives as they have the towing eye mounted on the nearside. The next one forward is a plain hole ( they provide a bolt on a "stalk" for this one). If the next one is also plain, tell Towequipe (ask to speak to Roland) and they will send you the same mod as they provided for me - a nut on a "stalk" and the coarse threaded bolt to go with it.
    I'll attach the photo that I took which might help.
    If you have any other questions then e-mail me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by s2-wolf; 21 September 2004, 19:12.
    Keith

Comment

LWB landcuiser colorado fitment is the one you want... from towequipe, towsure etc... cost £99.95 (ty468e)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thank you SO much, this is great info. We will get back to you in we need help indeed!
        D & C

Comment

and put pics of your caravan in the caravan towing thread
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

FISH kevin has supplied the following info.
            These prices are including VAT.

This above quote includes the following:
            Towbar
            Towball
            Bolts for fitment
            Towbar Instructions
            Cover for Towball
            Single Wiring Kit, including connectors and Sounders and 7 pin trailer socket
            Wiring instructions for the seven pin socket.
            Wiring colour code for the car wiring harness.
            Freephone support number during fitment.
            NEXT WORKING DAY DISPATCH after payment has been received, cleared and as long as the goods are in stock. Delivery is 96% next working day 48 hours at the latest. (It is 72 hrs delivery in Scot and offshore islands).

All the equipment is what we use to fit on customers vehicles ourselves.

The Towbar is a flange fitted towbar with bolt on towball to enable you to fit any stabizer plate or cycle carriers etc (Unless it is a Swan neck or detachable quote). If your vehicle is registered after Aug 1998 it will also be EEC approved and is one of the best quality towbars on the market. It is tested to EC directive 94/20. The towbar comes with a full Lifetime guarantee

You can also add the following accessories at these discount prices.

Black Bumper protector - £5 Retails at £8.50 £3.50 saving
            Stainless Steel Bumper Protector - £10 Retails at £15 £5.00 saving
            Twin elec pack with relays -£15 Retails at £35 £20.00 saving

These prices are including VAT

A full VAT receipt will be dispatched to you upon completion of the order

If you wish to pursue this or have any further questions please let us know.

Ways to Pay:

There are a number ways you can pay:
            Call us on 0800 298 3033 and pay over the phone using your credit or debit card.

Pay Via Pal Pay, To pay via paypal click on the link www.paypal.com and log in using your email address and password and select send payment, cash and pay the amount to my Email Address orders@towequipe.co.uk

You can also pay via Natwest Fast Pay on www.fastpay.com If you are not registered it will only take 5 min to register and as soon as you have done this and completed the verification process then you can send money to my email address Enigma477@talk21.com Once I receive fund which should be within seconds then I will dispatch the goods out the next working day. This only costs 20p.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

You Guys have been great, thanks VERY much. Yep, we will post pics soon on the caravan towing thread. As we are newbie caravaners you could be seeing a lot of us there!!
              Thanks again
              C & D

Comment

Nice to have the pair of you aboard
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X