Motorised Aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorised Aerial

The other day an over hanging branch snapped off my aerial. Is there somewhere that i can buy just the telescopic aerial part or do i have to buy the complete unit, Motor aerial etc. The motor is still working and merrily wer's away when the stereo goes on. There is a unit on ebay at the moment but i'm not sure what price they go for new so if anyone has any suggestions they will be much apreciated.

Milner's used to do just the mast for the electric aerial, give them a call http://www.milnerconv.co.uk/index.html

Comment

Why not go the route of replacing the unit for a PMR style mount with a stainless steel whip on it...You will never break that one. I have an aerial atop my truck which regulaly goes through trees at nearly 15ft off the ground..
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I'm in the same boat, my aerial is at the precarious stage where it's kinked and therefore can't quite retract (precarious because I live in Manchester and can't believe the local chavs have resisted it so long!).

I've wondered about whips (as I've now learnt they're called!). What's the score with these - i.e. are they easy to take on and off (due to the locals!) and what's the law on their length?

ta,
        Geoff.

Comment

Working...
        X