Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window motor and switch console please

Hmmm... I hate the windows grrrr.
    I am looking for a rear window motor (RHS) as I think the cable has snapped and got wrapped up around it. Actually the motor seems to be still working, just jammed and can't hardly move the window anymore.

I also possibly need drivers side window/mirror/central locking switch "master" console since it is nuts (intermittent switches, switches actuate the wrong things etc). Ideally a complete unit so I can just pop out the old one and pop this one in.

The Surf is a 1995 3L 2nd Gen.

Many thanks,
    Jon.

Originally posted by Ptarmigan View Post
    Hmmm... I hate the windows grrrr.
    I am looking for a rear window motor (RHS) as I think the cable has snapped and got wrapped up around it. Actually the motor seems to be still working, just jammed and can't hardly move the window anymore.

I also possibly need drivers side window/mirror/central locking switch "master" console since it is nuts (intermittent switches, switches actuate the wrong things etc). Ideally a complete unit so I can just pop out the old one and pop this one in.

The Surf is a 1995 3L 2nd Gen.

Many thanks,
    Jon.
    hi have both of them email snailpaceracing@btconnect.com
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Intermittent rear electric window problem: FIXED

Hi all,

Just in case this can help anyone else, my rear passenger windows were working really weirdly but are now fixed. The solution was two-fold:

1) Take out the window switches (drivers console AND the passenger door switches), dismantle and clean lots of corrosion away.
      2) Re-seat the rubber trim around the window as it was actually fouling the window and preventing it from closing properly (leaving a 3" gap at the top).
      Lubricate with powdered graphite.

The motors and runners were actually fine in the end.

Cheers,
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X