Want some wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want some wheels

im after some 8j wheels or upwards but cant go too wide as i dont have arch extensions, alloy or steel dont mind and 15" or 16". i need them to replace my poo 1991 6j chrome things

Got 15x8 splitrims x4. Not perfect, used off road with muds, few marks on one rim. Only took em off cos I put 15x10 modulars on.
    Attached Files

Comment

Got 5 std gen3 alloys. 16".

2 have AT tyres. 3 are naked.

Comment

hi blakarm how much do you want for the wheels
        Last edited by Mr Sqig; 27 March 2010, 00:17.

Comment

£80. As I said theres a few dings in one rim, which is why I said they'd be a good second set of wheels for off road, but I did use them on my truck permanently for a year or so. Was gona keep em and put some really silly muds on, but im sick of having to shift a mountain of wheels, pedalbikes, lawnmowers etc every time I want to get my motorbike out.
          Attached Files

Comment

i want, but how would i get them down to the cotswolds oo arrr, also what size tyres were you running on them and how did they sit in the arch as i hav'nt got flares

Comment

Was running 33/12.50/15's on them. 8" rims sat in the arches no probs, its the 10" that stick out some.
              You could ask the guys and galls for the old surftrain. I'll be at york for a few days in 2 weeks time. Thats 80mls closer already...

Comment

i know that Mrsqig wants them, but if for any reason he doesn't decide to buy, can i have second refusal please...

Sorry not trying to step on anyones toes

Regards
                James
                If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

could you weigh them and ill price up a courier, in the pic of your surf what lift did you have there (sus/body)

Comment

7.2 kg each, so call it 30kg for the set.
                    The trucks lifted 5", (usual sus & body).
                    If it turns out too much for a courier, or you just want to find something closer to home, mousey's ready to snatch them, but youve got first shout!

Comment

i will price up a courior tommow and let you know

Comment

i will have those wheels off you, do you have a contact email as its faster than on here

Comment

Originally posted by blakarm View Post
                          Got 15x8 splitrims x4. Not perfect, used off road with muds, few marks on one rim. Only took em off cos I put 15x10 modulars on.
                          Hi Blakarm

I was looking at the picture of your truck and thought ,that's the look I'm after. Read you had a 5" lift (body and suspension).
                          Could you tell me what lift you had on each part and the wheel and tyre sizes please. I was looking at the 2" suspension lift kit from Roughtrax and a 2" body lift (from various suppliers on Ebay) to give me that look.
                          Any advice would be appreciated as I'm new to all this and have not got unlimited funds so want to get it right first time.

Cheers
                          S.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sqig View Post
                            i will have those wheels off you, do you have a contact email as its faster than on here
                            My any old crap email is dillbut@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scottiedog View Post
                              Hi Blakarm

I was looking at the picture of your truck and thought ,that's the look I'm after. Read you had a 5" lift (body and suspension).
                              Could you tell me what lift you had on each part and the wheel and tyre sizes please. I was looking at the 2" suspension lift kit from Roughtrax and a 2" body lift (from various suppliers on Ebay) to give me that look.
                              Any advice would be appreciated as I'm new to all this and have not got unlimited funds so want to get it right first time.

Cheers
                              S.
                              If you want to do it as cheaply as possible, and spread the cost over time, this is one way to go...

1. body lift. I have milners 1 1/2"

2. free wheel hubs. I have warn's. theyre good. I think milners still do avm's.

3. Put rear springs in. Ive got landcruiser springs (which will need one off locators). or you can go +2's with spacers if needed. Now you can wind the torsion bars up 'bout 1 1/2" to level things out a bit.

4. shocks. ive got +2 desert fox shocks all round. put an inch or so spacer between brake line and axle. even then, slowly jack rear of chassis up, and keep checking brake line isnt tight to full extension.

5. ball joint spacers. I used 1 1/2". again, once fitted, with truck lifted on crossmember, slowly lower arms down to the stops, turning steering to check brake lines dont go tight.

Longer braided brake lines, and front diff spacers would be good things to have when time and funds allow.

wheels on pic are 15x8's with 33/12.50/15's
                              Its now on 15x10's with 33's.

Comment

Working...
                              X