spare wheel carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spare wheel carrier

does anyone have a spare wheel carrier for sale mine is mounted under the floor i would like to rear mount l

Spare rear mounted

Hi, I have just removed my rear wheel mount and want to mount it under the body, (gets in the way when pulling the trailer). Perhaps a swap is on the cards?

Cheers Eric

Comment

yes ill go for that we had better find out if they will both change with no problems my surf is a 92 2.4 td is yours the same? its late now i am on 6-2 ill check back with you tomorrow afternoon .does anyone else see that we are going to have any problems any help please
      Last edited by cuz 62; 24 June 2004, 23:29.

Comment

Swaps

Hi Cuz, Mines a SSR-X on a 1994 L reg 3 litre Diesel Auto. Lets hope they are interchangable. Please email me on ericplayford@aol.com as its easier for me than logging on to this site all the time. I'm a truck driver so when I'm down your way, maybe we could meet up, so we dont have to mess around with postage etc., also we can see if mine will fit yours and vice versa.

Cheers

Eric

Comment

The difference may be that on the early narrow body, narrow tyre Surfs the chain is in the centre with the mechanism for winding - the long bar therefore goes striaght through the bumper. On the later widebody, wide wheel types the chain is in the center and the winder mechanism is on the chassis rail on the passenger side. The long bar goes through the bumper at a sharp angle across to the paseenger side and the bumper is slightly different (only on the back of it where the guide goes through.

My 93 widebody has an earlier type center section of the bumper and a later type mechanism however with a bit of bending of the guide behind the bumper I can get the winder bar through in the right pllace and work the mechanism.

So basically there should be no problem fitting a later type mechanism to the earlier type Surf but I think the reverse will not be the case and you would need to swap bumper center sections.

Cheers

Comment

ANDY the ones ive seen have a wire cable & no chain including mine
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky

Wouldent know what the 3rd gen has as I havent a long bar to wind it down, now getting desperate!

Fish
              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Marky you are right for the later ones but early ones were a chain. I am pretty sure that that is the type on Nigel's Surf - early type centre mount centre winder.

Mine is a cable type, centre mount side mount winder.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X