2.4TD Turbo boost sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4TD Turbo boost sensor

My little green turbo light isn't working and the truck seems very sluggish. I've been told it'll be the boost sensor that's packed up...
    Does anyone have one?
    Cheers

Originally posted by Snathe View Post
    My little green turbo light isn't working and the truck seems very sluggish. I've been told it'll be the boost sensor that's packed up...
    Does anyone have one?
    Cheers
    Have you checked the small, short 'J' shaped rubber vac pipe is connected beneath the throttle body? This pipe can sometimes get covered with oil, swell and drop off causing lack of boost.

Comment

Checked all pipework and can't see a problem anywhere. All pipes are in place and not perished or split... Just leaves the sensor i guess... Tried removing the connector and reconnecting just incase it was a dodgey connection too.

Comment

I think the engine check light would be on if the sensor wasn't working. Have you checked for any error codes?

Comment

Lol... this is where it gets really annoying!
          The previous owner couldn't be ar$ed to sort the problem out, so he removed the "check engine" light on the rev counter
          So i'd guess, if the light was still there, it would be on.

Comment

Should have that for you . Anything else needed ?
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Nice one
              Also after a set of clocks for a manual 2.4TD (1992) if you've got any?
              How much posted to Nottingham?
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Snathe View Post
                Nice one
                Also after a set of clocks for a manual 2.4TD (1992) if you've got any?
                How much posted to Nottingham?
                Cheers
                I got a set of clocks from an auto , not sure if different from manual . I will post a question in general section for you .
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                X