2.4 TD LN130 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 TD LN130 engine

There's one out there somewhere! Need a half decent bottom end that I can rebuild to drop into the truck over the holidays. Something with some life left in it would be nice. Planning on rings, ends and oil pump change, so if anyone knows of one let me know. Cheers people!
    That'll fit!

Originally posted by scudmonkey View Post
    There's one out there somewhere! Need a half decent bottom end that I can rebuild to drop into the truck over the holidays. Something with some life left in it would be nice. Planning on rings, ends and oil pump change, so if anyone knows of one let me know. Cheers people!
    I do not have a engine ......but you will need to specify which 2.4 as the early 2nd gens had a 2L-T and then came the 2L-TE
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

i have a complete 3.0 td surf here mate,
      ill sell you the rolling shell with the engine loom ect,

all working perfectly,
      ive only stripped the interior bits out of it and the front bumper and window motors,
      runs perfectly,

leetatam@hotmail.com

Comment

If Supersurf engine is not suitable I do have a 2.4 bottom end available soon as I can move vehicle to gain access to engine bay. 2 weeks (ish)
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers lads!
          How do I tell the difference between the two engine variants that were available in a 2nd Gen Surf. Only thing I've seen as different is some cross-head induction manifolds are badged as EFI and others say D Turbo. Is this the difference between 2LT and 2LTE engines? Not the manifolds obviously, but the injection process? Really like the truck so intend to keep it for a while. Ticks lots of boxes so can't be bad Thanks again for the replies and I'll defo be making contact about spare engines.
          That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf View Post
            i have a complete 3.0 td surf here mate,
            ill sell you the rolling shell with the engine loom ect,

all working perfectly,
            ive only stripped the interior bits out of it and the front bumper and window motors,
            runs perfectly,

leetatam@hotmail.com
            Thanks for that mate. Not sure I need a whole vehicle just yet, but give it time!
            That'll fit!

Comment

You need to know if yours is EFI as the block is different and the non EFI block has no where for the sensors to fit .
              Fill in your vehicle details in profile so we can see .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                If Supersurf engine is not suitable I do have a 2.4 bottom end available soon as I can move vehicle to gain access to engine bay. 2 weeks (ish)
                Give me a shout and let me know how many dollar! Nice one!
                That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                  You need to know if yours is EFI as the block is different and the non EFI block has no where for the sensors to fit .
                  Fill in your vehicle details in profile so we can see .
                  Ok, had the front diff and sump off over last weekend. There is a sensor coming through the block that picks up on one of the crank balance weights. and more importantly, just checked the chassis plate.....2LTE. Now we're getting somewhere.
                  That'll fit!

Comment

H reg 1990 2.4TD

Whole car 9 months test but sorn due to overheat.
                    Big end went on my last bottom end so got another when mated by garage to my top end runs fine but pressure leak on water circuit, after waiting 6 weeks for a bootom end and 3 weeks for the garage to fit it got so used to my bicycle that I cannot be ar*** with the car any more so took it off the road now in Marina and using a a shunting vehicle for trailers. If your looking for a complete car drop me a line think its a 2-T but cannot remeber, its got the block sensor but my other one didnt but seems ok.
                    Make an offer if it suits Im in Hartlepool 07951562570

Comment

Originally posted by Anyboat View Post
                      Whole car 9 months test but sorn due to overheat.
                      Big end went on my last bottom end so got another when mated by garage to my top end runs fine but pressure leak on water circuit, after waiting 6 weeks for a bootom end and 3 weeks for the garage to fit it got so used to my bicycle that I cannot be ar*** with the car any more so took it off the road now in Marina and using a a shunting vehicle for trailers. If your looking for a complete car drop me a line think its a 2-T but cannot remeber, its got the block sensor but my other one didnt but seems ok.
                      Make an offer if it suits Im in Hartlepool 07951562570
                      Cheers for that. Think Vagrant No2 is on the case with a bottom half engine, but you never know!
                      That'll fit!

Comment

Paul , need to speak to you urgent . Please check your email .

Comment

Working...
                        X