Cam shim tool and shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam shim tool and shims

Looking to get hold of the tool used to depress the cam buckets in order to change the shims on a 2.4 diesel. also need a handful of shims. If anyone can help or advise someone that could do the job it would be really useful. One tapping lifter that ain't going to get any better. Based in Haddenham Cambs. Cheers!
    That'll fit!

Originally posted by scudmonkey View Post
    Looking to get hold of the tool used to depress the cam buckets in order to change the shims on a 2.4 diesel. also need a handful of shims. If anyone can help or advise someone that could do the job it would be really useful. One tapping lifter that ain't going to get any better. Based in Haddenham Cambs. Cheers!
    the shim remover tool can be bought off ebay or somewhere like macine mart for about £60-£70. as for the shims a toyota dealer will sell them. it's a bitch of a job to do. have you got a manual as you will need it to work out what size shim you will need. think there is about 20 differant ones.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
      the shim remover tool can be bought off ebay or somewhere like macine mart for about £60-£70. as for the shims a toyota dealer will sell them. it's a bitch of a job to do. have you got a manual as you will need it to work out what size shim you will need. think there is about 20 differant ones.

THanks for that. For some reason I never even thought of evilbay. No shims owned at present. Was hoping to find someone on here who had a load to sell or whatever. Done the job before on shim and bucket GTi engines but some theiving git nicked all my tools a couple of years back. I'll look into that today mate. Many thanks again.
      That'll fit!

Comment

It is not a diy job as the shims are bought in from toyota about 6mm thick and then have to surface ground to meet each tolerance of each valve. If you have a rattler you need to measure gap and have a shim made to fit, then install it.

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley View Post
          It is not a diy job as the shims are bought in from toyota about 6mm thick and then have to surface ground to meet each tolerance of each valve. If you have a rattler you need to measure gap and have a shim made to fit, then install it.
          Thanks for that. Got it booked in next Friday at Wicken. Man there reckons job will take 1 1/2 hours. We'll see! Failing that sorting the problem I may well just re-head the lump to avoid the dreaded head failure problem. Still like the truck tho.
          That'll fit!

Comment

Working...
          X