X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Induction Kit?? 3.0 Td 1994

TITLE SAYS IT ALL,
    IS IT WORTH IT?
    NOT SURE BUT I'D LIKE TO TRY SO IF ANYONE HAS ONE OR KNOWS WHERE TO GET ONE?

I'm likely to be corrected here, but aren't induction kits for petrol engines? you'd be better off, going for an intercooler modification http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

As CC says, you would definately get much better gains from fitting an intercooler, which can be done surprisingly cheaply. I believe K&N do do an induction kit for the surf, and despite a recent thread claiming 30% gains, it's utter bs, you'd be lucky to notice any difference at all, other than an increase in noise.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        As CC says, you would definately get much better gains from fitting an intercooler, which can be done surprisingly cheaply. I believe K&N do do an induction kit for the surf, and despite a recent thread claiming 30% gains, it's utter bs, you'd be lucky to notice any difference at all, other than an increase in noise.
        woop woop I'm right

Comment

Cool, Thanks For Help.

I Shall See What I Can Find Out.

Is There A Specific Intercoller Or Can I Obtain One And Retro Fit?

Comment

something that came out of a large diesel engine to begin with, common coolers retro fitted are mitsubishi pajero or isuzu trooper

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
              something that came out of a large diesel engine to begin with, common coolers retro fitted are mitsubishi pajero or isuzu trooper
              I'VE JUST FOUND ONE FROM A BMW 530D, IT WOULD FIT IN THE FRONT BUMPER OPENING, WHICH MAY LOOK GOOD, NOW FOR THE HOSES?

Comment

Originally posted by NEZ View Post
                I'VE JUST FOUND ONE FROM A BMW 530D, IT WOULD FIT IN THE FRONT BUMPER OPENING, WHICH MAY LOOK GOOD, NOW FOR THE HOSES?
                You'd need a lot of hoses if you're going to run it down to the front bumper. On the return back up to the air intake you'd lose some of the affect of the cooler. The most common method on here is top mounted intercooler.

Comment

Working...
                X